“Fine family value”

Cuisines: American
Description: Where Faith, Family, and Friends Matter Most
Description: Where Faith, Family, and Friends Matter Most
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've been a fan of this restaurant for decades. It used to be the best 24-hour restaurant in the city, but they've made their hours more civilized. What remains true is that they provide well-prepared, ample meals at reasonable prices. I also approve that they are not open on Sundays; that is a family day for their staff.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Both of us ordered salads, one topped with chicken and one served with soup. It seemed to take quite a long time for our order to be prepared, especially considering how few people were in the restaurant at the time. The salads were OK; nothing notably great or bad. The mini-loaf of bread which accompanied one of the orders felt unusually heavy; when we cut into it, we could see that it was not baked completely. The 11-bean soup was unpleasantly salty; it tasted like it started with a base of beef bouillon.

The service was friendly and efficient, to the point that the bill was left on the table when our entrees were served. We actually had to flag down the waitress to order dessert. The bread pudding had a strange gelatinous topping (icing that melted when the pudding was reheated, perhaps?). We agreed it wasn't worth the effort/calories.

Although their breakfast menu looked tempting, we will not return.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Randy's is one of the best restaurants in the city of Eau Claire. I love their food so much. My favorite is their cheeseburgers. They are the best cheeseburger you will ever find.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I've been coming to this place since I was a baby. It isn't as good as it used to be. There's usually a wait to be seated, but the people are very nice. The food is decent and the drinks aren't as big as most other places offer, but the prices are pretty fair.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have been to this restaurant many times in the past while visiting my mother. Most of the time the food was good and so was the service. On this visit I ordered the fish, which they are famous for. I ordered it broiled and it came cold and very watery. It also had no flavor whatsoever. I asked the waiter to exchange it for deep fried, which he did and was very nice about it. It was also very tasteless and I could not eat it. The baked potatoe that went with it was good at least. It will be a long time before I go back, if ever. Also, my husband had the liver and onions and said it was not very good either. He ordered it rare, and it came very over cooked.

1  Thank Buey