“Great fun and education for all”

Children's Museum of Eau Claire
Ranked #2 of 32 things to do in Eau Claire
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Children's Museum of Eau Claire is an interactive environment for kids and their grown-ups that inspires imagination, discovery, creativity and the love of learning. A favorite destination for families in the Chippewa Valley, the Children's Museum offers non-traditional learning opportunities to help kids see, touch, learn and grow their way through important developmental milestones.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

There are endless activities and fine exhibits to see. My kids have a hard time leaving because there are such great people there to entertain and friends to meet. I'm amazed at how my kids remember what they've done and seen in fine detail days after they have been to the exhibits. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My kids (currently ages 9,7) have been going here for years and every time we come to visit the grandparents this is one of their first requests to visit.

We hadn't been here in a while, we loved the new exhibits upstairs. The downstairs exhibits had some improvements too, which the kids were excited about.

One of the drawbacks, especially when it's busy some one always likes to play with all the money - so the bank never has any nor does the store. I would think here would be ways to trouble shoot this over the years (perhaps give each kid some pretend money when they check in- or somehow with the new ATM machine they have there to play with spit out money?)

They typically have crafts and other fun manipulative toys in the rooms down stairs. The water room is always a hit, and I felt like we did not get a chance to really play with the new foam toys on the top floor. Although we loved the tractor and camp set up.

For the amount they charge people to visit the museum it's a nice outing for the kids.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife, granddaughter and I took our great-grandson to the museum. He had a great time playing in the various areas. He especially liked the kitchen (maybe a future chef). It is a great place to take your children and let them have various experiences. The staff is friendly and the cost in minimal for the amount of enjoyment the children receive.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Good place to take a kid too. Many different things they can do. Parking is an issue like most places downtown.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent a couple of hours here with our three young children; we all had a very pleasant visit. There are many activities for everybody, our favorite part was the art and water exhibits downstairs. The play yard was also nice for the little ones to run around and work up an appetite before grabbing a bite to eat. I will definitely be visiting the children's museum more often.