“Super 8 Eau Claire Wisconsin”

Super 8 Eau Claire WI

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My stay was extremely disappointing. I will be contacting the manager directly to explain my experience. I had called ahead for a handicapped excessible room explaining I had a daughter in a wheelchair. I asked if there was a shower for her too. They said yes and I booked my room. When we arrived, my daughter could not take a shower....she could not even close the door to the bathroom for privacy because her wheelchair would not fit. The wheelchair barely fit between the bed and the dresser and she had to be pulled back by me to get out. It was beyond disappointing. It was enough to bring tears of frustration to both my daughter and my eyes. While I believe we deserve a full refund, I also want to emphasize the need to not mislead other potential customers who are handicapped. This is NOT a handicap accessible room.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Betty S
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here last year on our vacation through Western Wisconsin / Eastern Minnesota. This year because of a graduation we decided to visit the Central and South Central areas of Wisconsin. Eau Claire was in between the Twin Cites (Graduation) and our first planned destination, so we decided to stay at the Super 8 again, since the first visit was so enjoyable.
When I made the reservation, I requested the room we had last year because it fit our needs (Wife is a smoker and it was near the exit door). To my surprise they did as I had asked and we were in the same room.
The Front Desk Attendants were pleasant and check-in and out went smoothly.
Our room was just as nice as it was last year, but my wife thought it felt a little dirty to her, that the carpet in the room and in the hallway needed to be deep cleaned, but other than that it was fairly priced, served it's purpose for an overnight sleep, shower and hit the road stay.
I didn't go down but my wife said that breakfast wasn't much to choose from, which we have noticed in our last few stays at Super 8's, that the choices are getting to be less and less. They still had the Cinnamon Rolls, which are the best for pre-packaged rolls in my opinion.
All in all it was a pleasant and peaceful night and I would recommend this place for a one night stay.

Room Tip: If you have special requests let them know when you make a reservation or at check-in and they will...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The title almost says it all. The front desk staff was friendly and our first floor request was honored. Room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Wi fi was a little spotty but if you tried a couple of times you could always connect. Location is convenient because their are a couple of restaurants within walking distance was several more a short drive away. It is not the Marriott, but then again, neither is the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple