“Nice new hotel. Difficult to find because it's so new.”

Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Nice new hotel. Staff is very nice and helpful. Check in was quick and easy. Only down side is the hotel is still to new to be on most map and gps programs and Trip Advisor only had the reservation number listed (no good for directions). DO NOT TRUST Trip Advisor s map or directions. Call the local number (715) 830-9889 for directions. The hotel is in the corner of Wisconsin highway 53 and Intestate 94 on the very South end of Commonwealth Ave. Just off Bullis Farm Road.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for your kind words and instructions on how to find us. You are correct about calling for directions. We will be glad to help get you to our doors. I also want to thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed here for my husband's Christmas party, The hotel was lovely, really liked the chic decor. For Eau Claire, WI this hotel and restaurant are upscale. Check in staff were nice and the event coordinator and night manager were very helpful. The room was spacious and really liked the walk in shower.

Our room was away from the highway, but traffic noise still was an issue. Can't imagine what the noise level must be like closer to the highway! The automatic fan in the bathroom sounded like we had left water running in the bathroom. Room noise into the hallway was also not good. In passing other rooms in the hallway I could hear conversations coming from the rooms. Could see into the hallway from our room under the door..too large a gap. In addition, don't book rooms over the conference rooms as people in those rooms were complaining that the DJ in the neighboring conference room was disrupting their stay. These noise issues would be understandable if this was an older hotel, but it's brand new!

Also, did not like that no breakfast was included. Like other reviewers, I would rather stay at a cheaper hotel and receive a breakfast. While it was nice to stay here one time, probably won't be back as there are many other hotels in Eau Claire that offer overall nicer accommodations. Sorry!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from I-94 and not above the conference rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CMLM
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

I want to thank you for your comments and observations. We know you have lots of choices when you are in Eau Claire and we are very glad that you stayed with us. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our staff does try to make every guests enjoyable and memorable. We hope that you enjoyed your Christmas Party and again I thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Checked in night before last. First, the room was NOT what was requested -asked for a room away from traffic noise...my assigned room was next to the busy, noisy interstate. Called to ask for room change. No one at the desk to answer phone to request a move. Walked to desk, finally found a "manager" looking person. He looked at the computer to check available rooms, then he said he couldn't read the screen...he'd lost his glasses. WHAT...this is the guy who helps people check in and assign rooms??
Finally got another room. He went ahead of me as I wheeled a large suitcase and large computer bag...no offer to help. Opened the door on the hall, went ahead of me and let the door shut as I got there...he just kept walking. Customer respect??
Next morning the restaurant was a disaster. NO ONE (server, wait person) there...finally I took a seat, and finally....I went to the buffet line (only option is the 9.99 buffet breakfast). Poor selection of food; 3 pieces of fruit in a bowl...no juice, no coffee, no wait person to ask....yikes! If it hadn't been snowing and roads slick, I'd have gone somewhere for breakfast. Finally someone came out - said they were really busy - only one other person in the restaurant. I had to virtually beg for coffee and juice...she treated me like I was not important and she'd get to the drinks when she had time. Brought drinks...finally...didn't return until she whizzed by dropping off the check...what service!!
OK - I learned my lesson: NEVER stay at this place again. It may LOOK new...but service is almost non-existent. Count me GONE!!

Room Tip: Stay someplace else...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank LSE-FLYER
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Bob01200,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our efforts are always to ensure our guests are satisfied and our hotel is maintained to be comfortable while you are with us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the service you received. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay, our room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was beautiful and had a very nice shower. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool area was clean and the water was warm. Our children loved it. The breakfast buffet was very delicious with lots of choices. It is a great location, right by the mall and restaurants. We will stay there again!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Eau Claire South. I hope that you will come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed for business. Worked w/hotel staff to accomodate our group. They made sure every detail was taken care of. Atmosphere & food was superb in Johnny's. Meeting space is awesome. Not sure what else to say. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

I want to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn South Eau Claire. The staff here works very hard to try to exceed your expectations, I glad we were able to make your business trip enjoyable.

We hope to see you again soon...

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Ok so it's brand new....... Everything here is nice. Rate could be a little less but we'll cut some slack until the honeymoon is over. What's not to like? Great rooms, big TV - the most channel choices including premium movie channels you'll find anywhere. Like the showers instead of the tub. On site restaurant (Johnny's) is very good. Food is excellent and priced fair for a hotel. The bar area is very big and has a great vibe. Friendly service everywhere. Only slight downside is the location. Right off the side of I94 but tricky to find). Might suggest a continental breakfast of sorts or at least a bowl of complimentary fruit.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. Maybe they'll "comp" you one.....
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

I am so glad that you choose to stay with us while you were in Eau Claire. I also want to thank you for your kind words. The staff here at the Holiday Inn - Eau Claire South want to make every guests stay with us a pleasant one. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Eau Claire.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. The hotel is easy to get to and appears to be very new. I usually avoid Holiday Inns but this one is much better than the others I've stayed at. Room was spacious and the TV had DirecTV with channel guide - a very nice touch. Bed was very comfortable. Bar had a good selection and breakfast was very good for under $10.

A couple downsides - even when turned off the room a/c would click on and off constantly. I had to unplug it to get to sleep as it was louder than my white noise app. I also heard the person above me walking around.

Room Tip: Request top floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I want to thank you for your comments about the A/C units. We strive to provide the best experience possible for all our guests. I am glad that you found most of you stay to meet the expectations that you should be able to enjoy from us. Please try us again the next time you are in Eau Claire.