“Excellent Hotel”

Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel is very clean. Staff is very friendly. Hotel is new. Décor is very nice. Hotel bar and restaurant is very nice and staff is friendly. Food was excellent. We were greeted every time we came in or left the hotel by the front desk staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us. Our team does everything they can to make your experience a pleasant one. I will pass your kind words on to everyone.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94

Reviewed 23 December 2013

My family had a quick stop in Eau Claire and enjoyed this NEW hotel at a great rate. The management and staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and "at-home". I misread the website and thought I was getting a 2 room suite (we had 5). The staff person at the desk decided to add a roll-a-way bed to our room at no charge even though it was my mistake. The room was spacious and beds comfortable. We did not notice traffic noise at all but the fridge at the wet-bar (if you use it) tends to hum rather loudly for being new. The on-site restaurant had a great ambiance and food. My husband ordered a late night salad (Waldorf) and it was delicious. Again, the staff (bartender) was super friendly. Our family also enjoyed the buffet in the morning. They do not charge for children, so it was a value to us at $8.99 each (including drinks) for us and our 1 teen. Cut-up fruit was my only missing desire...just whole apples,pears and bananas. We would definitely return to this hotel if we were in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do try to do whatever we can to make sure that you can relax and have fun while you are with us. I have passed on the issue with the refrigerator to maintenance, I can assure you that it will be fixed.

Johnny's is a wonderful restaurant the staff there does a wonderful job in bringing on a great experience.

We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you our way...

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Really love the new hotel and location! Finally a nice hotel that is close to everything on the southside.

Loved almost everything about this hotel, the only thing I hated was the shower. I couldn't make the water hot enough to make up for the big shower stall (def room for 2) & the super high ceiling in the bathroom.

this is right off the interstate on the south side of Eau Claire, not very hard to find as others suggest.

Room Tip: This is close to the interstate so there will always be road noise. KCCO
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Eau Claire South while you were in town. I will be letting maintenance know about the issue with the hot water. I hope you will try us again when you are in Eau Claire.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Nice new hotel. Staff is very nice and helpful. Check in was quick and easy. Only down side is the hotel is still to new to be on most map and gps programs and Trip Advisor only had the reservation number listed (no good for directions). DO NOT TRUST Trip Advisor s map or directions. Call the local number (715) 830-9889 for directions. The hotel is in the corner of Wisconsin highway 53 and Intestate 94 on the very South end of Commonwealth Ave. Just off Bullis Farm Road.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for your kind words and instructions on how to find us. You are correct about calling for directions. We will be glad to help get you to our doors. I also want to thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed here for my husband's Christmas party, The hotel was lovely, really liked the chic decor. For Eau Claire, WI this hotel and restaurant are upscale. Check in staff were nice and the event coordinator and night manager were very helpful. The room was spacious and really liked the walk in shower.

Our room was away from the highway, but traffic noise still was an issue. Can't imagine what the noise level must be like closer to the highway! The automatic fan in the bathroom sounded like we had left water running in the bathroom. Room noise into the hallway was also not good. In passing other rooms in the hallway I could hear conversations coming from the rooms. Could see into the hallway from our room under the door..too large a gap. In addition, don't book rooms over the conference rooms as people in those rooms were complaining that the DJ in the neighboring conference room was disrupting their stay. These noise issues would be understandable if this was an older hotel, but it's brand new!

Also, did not like that no breakfast was included. Like other reviewers, I would rather stay at a cheaper hotel and receive a breakfast. While it was nice to stay here one time, probably won't be back as there are many other hotels in Eau Claire that offer overall nicer accommodations. Sorry!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from I-94 and not above the conference rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CMLM
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

I want to thank you for your comments and observations. We know you have lots of choices when you are in Eau Claire and we are very glad that you stayed with us. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our staff does try to make every guests enjoyable and memorable. We hope that you enjoyed your Christmas Party and again I thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Checked in night before last. First, the room was NOT what was requested -asked for a room away from traffic noise...my assigned room was next to the busy, noisy interstate. Called to ask for room change. No one at the desk to answer phone to request a move. Walked to desk, finally found a "manager" looking person. He looked at the computer to check available rooms, then he said he couldn't read the screen...he'd lost his glasses. WHAT...this is the guy who helps people check in and assign rooms??
Finally got another room. He went ahead of me as I wheeled a large suitcase and large computer bag...no offer to help. Opened the door on the hall, went ahead of me and let the door shut as I got there...he just kept walking. Customer respect??
Next morning the restaurant was a disaster. NO ONE (server, wait person) there...finally I took a seat, and finally....I went to the buffet line (only option is the 9.99 buffet breakfast). Poor selection of food; 3 pieces of fruit in a bowl...no juice, no coffee, no wait person to ask....yikes! If it hadn't been snowing and roads slick, I'd have gone somewhere for breakfast. Finally someone came out - said they were really busy - only one other person in the restaurant. I had to virtually beg for coffee and juice...she treated me like I was not important and she'd get to the drinks when she had time. Brought drinks...finally...didn't return until she whizzed by dropping off the check...what service!!
OK - I learned my lesson: NEVER stay at this place again. It may LOOK new...but service is almost non-existent. Count me GONE!!

Room Tip: Stay someplace else...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank LSE-FLYER
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Bob01200,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our efforts are always to ensure our guests are satisfied and our hotel is maintained to be comfortable while you are with us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the service you received. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay, our room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was beautiful and had a very nice shower. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool area was clean and the water was warm. Our children loved it. The breakfast buffet was very delicious with lots of choices. It is a great location, right by the mall and restaurants. We will stay there again!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Eau Claire South. I hope that you will come and visit us again soon.