“Very Nice Property!”

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
“Very Nice Property!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel is really really nice, stayed here recently for a weekend and will definitely stay again when back in town. It is brand new and is a state of the art facility. It is situated right next to the highway but I rarely noticed the sounds of traffic going by. Bed and pillows were super comfy, staff was great, friendly and professional. It actually took a bit to find this place, well the GPS found it right away but it took some manuevering to actually get in the parking lot, the place is so new, not all of their signs were up yet. They had direct TV which was an excellent touch, a ton of channels to surf through. One of the best features was its location so close to everything, plenty of shopping and dining choices, you will not be disappointed in your stay here. Had a very nice looking bar/restaurant but we didn't have time to check it out. The area of the hotel looks to be really expanding, cant wait to see what is coming in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write such a nice review. I am so glad you were able to find us. We are still waiting for all the different GPS Systems to find us. We do give out our next door neighbors address 4955 Bullis Farm Rd. when travelers call in.

I hope we will get to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Rogersville, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2014

While this hotel is located next to the highway, you have to manuever around some strip malls to get to it. Once you get to it, you'll be happy. Has the new/hip surroundings of the HIE's, but is actually a Holiday Inn. The room was nice, with hot water and comfortable accomodations. Bathroom had space and a walkin shower, no tub. There was a nice workout room and an indoor pool and hottub. The buffet was typical Holiday Inn, but not the same as an HIE.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you so much for staying at the Holiday Inn Eau Claire South. I am glad you were able to find us. I noted that you might prefer a room with a tub, please just ask for that when making your reservation, we do have them.

Johnny's is a fabulous restaurant, I hope next time you might be able to try lunch or dinner. That's where they can really excel.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I hope to see you again soon...
Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Spent two nights in this new Holiday Inn. Found it a pleasant departure from older properties of the same name. Front desk staff was pleasant, check in painless. Decor is an upgrade from older HI's. Room was nice, clean, pleasantly decorates. Noise from other rooms above and to the sides was much too easy to hear. Bed very comfortable. HVAC system was touchy and heat difficult to obtain, but chilly fan runs all the time unless shut off. Disappointed the hotel doesn't have a small "market" with candy, soft drinks, frozen meals a dice cream. On that score they missed the boat; one their competitors are exploiting. We would stay here again. Attached restaurant is very good, though lacks a menu breakfast in favor of a buffet with the usual type of food. They DO NOT have a "Continental" type breakfast, and I think they are missing something.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SpritDriver
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
I want to thank you for taking time to review us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and your suggestions will certainly be review.

I hope to see you again soon
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Staff was very friendly, rooms were very nice and new. Mattress was a little firm but overall a great experience. Didn't try the restaurant or any other amenities. A solid room was all I needed and they delivered.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ellen2321
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn South Eau Claire. I appreciate your kind words. I hope that you will make this a regular stop and that we will get to see you again soon.
Willmar, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We had a meeting at this Holiday Inn and were wowed by the service at this new hotel. Katie was awesome getting the room set up for us and the banquet staff kept our coffee and water well stocked. We also stayed at this property and the rooms were a very comfortable and the TV selections were amazing. The only thing is that this place is so new some GPS systems may not have it in yet so you will have to type the address and you will find it, and as my title says it is well worth finding.
One small knock would be the fitness center was small and very busy in the morning and I was not able to get a workout in (but not a deal breaker)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mikreyn
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to comment on our wonderful banquet team. We do our best to provide the best possible experience regardless of the reason you might be coming to town. I am glad the we made your stay an enjoyable one.

Hope to see you again soon
Orlinda, Tn
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We had a business function there but actually extended our stay a day because it was so nice. Love the atmosphere of the lounge and Carlos was great. Great martinis and drinks. Comfortable beds the food is great. I have eaten at 4 star places where the food wasn't this good If we are back in the area they will have our business. The only problem because it's brand new gps doesn't recognize it so it can be hard to find. But close to shopping also.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank scellis2004
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us. I really do appreciate your kind words. The entire staff does its best to try to give you the best experience we can. I am glad that we succeeded during your stay.

Please come and see us again soon.
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I checked in on a Friday afternoon and Marlena was very welcoming and personable. I asked her about the pool hours and she also told me about the breakfast buffet and when it was available. The room was very spacious and accommodating. I was concerned about the highway being so close to the hotel, but I never heard any noise during my stay. The bathroom as also very nice and I enjoyed having a shower versus a tub. The television had lots of different channels that were very entertaining and having a refrigerator to keep drinks cold was also a great thing to have during my stay. I would definitely come back to this hotel for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I was in the middle of the 3rd floor and I had no complaints.