“Nicest Holiday Inn I've seen”

Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Ft. Worth
“Nicest Holiday Inn I've seen”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It was clean and well-appointed, with very courteous staff and plentiful parking (not as common as one would expect). It even has a good restaurant - Johnny's Italian Steakhouse. Great stay for business.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for taking your time to tell us how we did. I am so glad you were able to enjoy your stay.

I hope we will see you again soon and often....

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Top notch Holiday Inn, had a great stay. This hotel was just recently built and is very accommodating. The only downside, there is a restaurant in the hotel, so that means guests have to pay for breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking your time to tell us how we did. I am very glad that you were able to enjoy your stay. You are correct we do charge $8.99 for our buffet. That does include your beverage and as at most full service Holiday Inns children under 12 eat free. So hopefully we can offset some of the costs of the Buffet.

I hope that you will come visit us again soon.
Tomah, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is a very new hotel, so new it's location is not on Garmin GPS, nor are there any visible advertisements to find the location, But it is a wonderful place. The room was upscale with hi-tech A/C-heat.The bed and pillows were very comfortable. We were there on a Sunday night and there was only one clerk on check-in, so we had a wait, but were given a voucher for $9 breakfasts in a great dining room. The breakfast was gourmet. I am guessing that the dinner menu would also be excellent.When the bugs are worked out this hotel will rate 5 stars for sure. The room rate was very reasonable for an upscale hotel in an area with many sleeping options.

Room Tip: I used the Holiday Inn website to get a better rate than Expedia.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
I am so glad that you were able to find us and enjoy your stay. We continue to work on getting us "on the map". While we are working on it we suggest that people use our next door neighbors address to find us: 4955 Bullis Farm Rd. This will bring you almost right to our door.

I hope you will come see us again soon and show you we are ready for the next star from you....
Plover, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during a business trip. As we check-in the manager on duty Lisa recognizes us from our stay in GreenBay Radisson where she used to work and she welcomes us here. It's like coming home :-)!

Checked in, got the IHG rewards gifts and headed to our room. It is spacious! My wife is in a wheelchair, so having plenty of room to maneuver is nice to have and this room was awesome in this respect. Being that it is a brand new hotel, just about a year old, all the amenities where very nice. Even the cover for the box springs where leather or faux leather instead of the cloth cover - nice. We were at the top floor and had a nice view of the surroundings.

The location is just minutes away from the Oakwood mall - plenty of shopping and dining choices. Speaking of dining, the Johnny's Italian Steakhouse in the hotel has good food. If you like salmon and up for an exciting choice as the waitress put it, try Salmon Fiorintino. The buffet in the morning has a good variety too. It is not complimentary but not costly either.

Pool and spa were great. The adaptive equipment at the pool and spa worked great. They are usually turned off to prevent kids from abusing it but Lisa had it all ready for us before we were ready for the pool. Didn't get the chance to use the workout room but it looked well equipped.

The last day we had a meeting in their conference rooms. I'm always looking for power hookups so it was nice that there were plenty on the floor in the conference room. The lunch buffet for the meeting was excellent.

Perfect hotel, great staff. I know where to stay in Eau Claire

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write such a wonderful review. We are very proud of our entire team here and Lisa is a fantastic part of it. We want you to really enjoy your stay and it sounds like you were able to do that.

Please don't be strangers come back anytime...
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is a new (2013) hotel, and it's generally well-designed and appointed: rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel hasn't had a chance to get worn out yet, so enjoy it while it is still new.

The hotel is a little difficult to find unless you're watching the map pretty closely. It stands by itself some distance away from the freeway. Nice setting, hilly, feels almost rural, despite its proximity to the bustling, dynamic Eau Claire / Chippewa Falls metroplex. Nothing else (literally nothing) within close walking distance, but there are plenty of chain restaurants and a Target store within fifteen minutes walk (mind the hills) or a quick drive.

By far the most impressive aspect of this hotel is the completely over-the-top Frank Sinatra / Brat Pack theme. Sinatra music blares at you in the parking lot. Then there it is again in the lobby. The restaurant ("Johnny's Italian Steakhouse") is, if its own marketing materials are to be taken seriously, "reminiscent of the classic supper clubs of the 1940’s and 1950’s ... [blending] traditions of the past with the present adding a touch of class and a lot of edge." I ate at the breakfast buffet twice, and all I remember is a lot of Sinatra and really, really, dim lighting. The buffet is nothing special: indeed, the hashbrowns were exceptionally weak on both visits. Nice service, however.

I think Sinatra might even have been piped into the elevators but maybe that was just a residual effect of the lobby.

All in all, a pleasant place to stop, roughly halfway on I-94 between Chicago and Fargo, North Dakota.

Room Tip: As usual, high floors are better.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
I am so glad that you found us and were able to enjoy your stay with us. We do work very hard on keeping the hotel in top notch conditions so we hope to look new for quite sometime.

I am also very glad you were able to enjoy Johnny's atmosphere while you were here.

I hope you will be back again soon.
Oglesby, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We chose this hotel because it's new, but were pleasantly surprised to find the most polite and professional staff, from front desk service to maintenance.

Yes, we had the opportunity to meet Larry the man from maintenance, as we discovered our a/c wasn't working upon checking in.

No big deal to us - it's a new hotel and things like this happen. He came up less than 5 minutes after I called the front desk about it.

After working on it for about 20 minutes, he offered to have us moved to another room if the problem couldn't be fixed. We insisted that wasn't necessary, as the room was 76 degrees and we figured we'd cool down in the pool. He brought a fan just in case, but a few minutes later he had a/c up and running.

We thanked him and headed down to the pool. A few minutes later, he came in and gave my husband and I a free breakfast voucher for the next day. A delicious way to end our stay.

• Stayed August 2014
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your kind words. Larry is truly one of a kind when it comes to his dedication to the guest. I am sorry that the A/C was not up and running when you went to your room. However, I really do appreciate your patience and understanding while we fixed it.

I hope that we will see you again.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I wouldn't normally consider a holiday inn my go to for a vacation property....however, this one would work just fine if my destination was Eau Claire. The hotel is fairly new so the rooms are immaculate. I stayed with my family on the way to Northwest Ontario on 7/25. The decor is super updated and the room quality rivaled those costing at least twice as much. The beds were very comfortable and overall I can't say enough good things about this place. The front desk was very friendly and welcoming....we arrived around 9:30 or so. I will definitely stay here again on any trip north.

Room Tip: It's located along Hwy. 53 in Eau Claire so don't expect great views. But, I wouldn't h...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is very important to us the we try to exceed your expectations.

I hope we will see you here again soon.