“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Frank Sinatra was playing in the lobby. Staff was great. The room was very clean.

The buffet breakfast in the restaurant was not very good. We would recommend heading out of the hotel for a good meal.

Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for the kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please don't be strangers come back and visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Plymouth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed one night on the leg home of our vacation. While the hotel is brand new and huge, it's noisey. The people above and next too us made noise until 3am! We were leaving at 5am to finish our journey home, so we didn't get much sleep. The lobby is awkward as you have to get to the pool through the lobby which is also the front for the expensive restaurant. I don't like walking through people in dress clothes when I'm in my wet swimsuit. They need to rethink this one quick! The pool area was nice, but it's new, so how can it not be nice. The beds were okay. But like I said, very noisey. Kids and adults running up and down the hallways at the wee hours of the morning and screaming and yelling. Furthermore, we went to check-out at 5 am and the front desk was not manned. There was a sign that said if we needed anything to dial 0 on the desk phone and they would pick up. We dialed 0 and let it ring for over a minute.... Guess they forgot to take the cordless phone with them because it was on the desk ringing. I wouldn't recommend anyone stay here that wants a good nights rest!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Timothy M
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
I am very sorry that we did not provide the guest experience for that we normally do. I hope that you will try us again in the future and give us a second chance.
McHenry, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

We hadn't made a reservation for the night and when we were about an hour out from Eau Claire we decided we wanted to find a place for the night. I checked my Trip Advisor app and the Holiday Inn was highly rated so we called the hotel to see if they had a room. We were transferred to "reservations" and the girl who I spoke to seemed like she didn't really know the hotel well. I asked if there were whirlpool rooms (my husband's back was hurting) and she said there weren't, but there was a whirl pool in the pool area. We booked an executive king room.

Our GPS took us to the wrong location, but when I called the hotel the gentleman who answered said they were on a new road that most GPSs didn't recognize and gave us the address of the business next door (call ahead to get that if you're using a GPS to find the hotel). Problem solved!

Our check in was great! I asked the front desk clerk again if they had rooms with a whirlpool. He said they had rooms with Jetted Tubs, but they only hold one person so they don't advertise them as such because people get disappointed. He offered to give us one for the same rate as a standard room (less than we were quoted for the executive king room) and also gave us a coupon for the breakfast buffet (normal $8.99 per person). Score!

The room was very nice. It was large, very clean, had a mini fridge, microwave, desk, king bed, and a comfortable chair with an ottoman. The bathroom had the jetted tub, a large shower, nice sized sink, plenty of towels and toiletries - oh and something every hotel bathroom should have IMHO - a magnifying mirror! My husband loved the jetted tub! It did only hold 1 person, but the power of the jets was adjustable and really helped his back!

A couple of other details - there were 2 packs of Dark Chocolate Milano cookies in the room for a snack, 2 wrapped mints on the bedside table and the cabinets by the microwave had a corkscrew and bottle opener.

We did use the breakfast buffet coupons the next morning. I will say the restaurant seemed a bit disorganized that morning (I'll post a separate review of our dinner the night before). We were seated quickly, but there were no plates for the buffet and several items were empty or almost empty. We mentioned it to a server and things were refilled pretty quickly. The food was good. Better than most free hotel breakfasts, but nothing was amazing. However - for free we certainly did not complain - and even for $8.99 it was still a good value.

We will definitely stay there again if we are looking for a hotel in Eau Claire!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
I am so glad you were able to enjoy your stay. I do remember checking you in and both you and your husband were great to work with.

Please come and visit us any time...
Ft. Worth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It was clean and well-appointed, with very courteous staff and plentiful parking (not as common as one would expect). It even has a good restaurant - Johnny's Italian Steakhouse. Great stay for business.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for taking your time to tell us how we did. I am so glad you were able to enjoy your stay.

I hope we will see you again soon and often....
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Top notch Holiday Inn, had a great stay. This hotel was just recently built and is very accommodating. The only downside, there is a restaurant in the hotel, so that means guests have to pay for breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking your time to tell us how we did. I am very glad that you were able to enjoy your stay. You are correct we do charge $8.99 for our buffet. That does include your beverage and as at most full service Holiday Inns children under 12 eat free. So hopefully we can offset some of the costs of the Buffet.

I hope that you will come visit us again soon.
Tomah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is a very new hotel, so new it's location is not on Garmin GPS, nor are there any visible advertisements to find the location, But it is a wonderful place. The room was upscale with hi-tech A/C-heat.The bed and pillows were very comfortable. We were there on a Sunday night and there was only one clerk on check-in, so we had a wait, but were given a voucher for $9 breakfasts in a great dining room. The breakfast was gourmet. I am guessing that the dinner menu would also be excellent.When the bugs are worked out this hotel will rate 5 stars for sure. The room rate was very reasonable for an upscale hotel in an area with many sleeping options.

Room Tip: I used the Holiday Inn website to get a better rate than Expedia.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
I am so glad that you were able to find us and enjoy your stay. We continue to work on getting us "on the map". While we are working on it we suggest that people use our next door neighbors address to find us: 4955 Bullis Farm Rd. This will bring you almost right to our door.

I hope you will come see us again soon and show you we are ready for the next star from you....
Plover, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during a business trip. As we check-in the manager on duty Lisa recognizes us from our stay in GreenBay Radisson where she used to work and she welcomes us here. It's like coming home :-)!

Checked in, got the IHG rewards gifts and headed to our room. It is spacious! My wife is in a wheelchair, so having plenty of room to maneuver is nice to have and this room was awesome in this respect. Being that it is a brand new hotel, just about a year old, all the amenities where very nice. Even the cover for the box springs where leather or faux leather instead of the cloth cover - nice. We were at the top floor and had a nice view of the surroundings.

The location is just minutes away from the Oakwood mall - plenty of shopping and dining choices. Speaking of dining, the Johnny's Italian Steakhouse in the hotel has good food. If you like salmon and up for an exciting choice as the waitress put it, try Salmon Fiorintino. The buffet in the morning has a good variety too. It is not complimentary but not costly either.

Pool and spa were great. The adaptive equipment at the pool and spa worked great. They are usually turned off to prevent kids from abusing it but Lisa had it all ready for us before we were ready for the pool. Didn't get the chance to use the workout room but it looked well equipped.

The last day we had a meeting in their conference rooms. I'm always looking for power hookups so it was nice that there were plenty on the floor in the conference room. The lunch buffet for the meeting was excellent.

Perfect hotel, great staff. I know where to stay in Eau Claire

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Richard K, Manager at Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write such a wonderful review. We are very proud of our entire team here and Lisa is a fantastic part of it. We want you to really enjoy your stay and it sounds like you were able to do that.

Please don't be strangers come back anytime...