“Best Mexican in Eau Claire”

Taqueria la Poblanita
Ranked #18 of 236 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I am very partial to Mexican food and try all the places. In my opinion this one IS the best. Very flavorful, nicely presented and authentic. The restaurant is in a strip mall and the decor is a bit plain, but the food is exceptional and the staff want to be sure you are pleased.

1  Thank John M

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This new place was a nice surprise to four of us for lunch recently. Prices most reasonable, and the three salsas brought with the (tiny) basket of chips were excellent. Everyone's right that the atmosphere is sterile, but that's ok since this wasn't a romantic dinner or somewhere that ambience would be a key factor in enjoyment. The food is simple and good. The taco salad ordered by one of our party was heavily loaded with red and green peppers - actually comprised almost the entire salad. Our chimi's were good - but we both had to ask for more red salsa to get any sort of real "taste"...the shells of the salad and the chimi's were excellent - really light and crispy without being oily. Service was good - but we waited for refills chips and red salsa (table of 4 gets the same amount as table of 2 - always puzzling to us). Otherwise, it was ok and we will likely return.

1  Thank squirt5
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I could tell right away by the menu that we were in for the real deal. The green tomatillo salsa was awesome. Personal, friendly service also. Forget the other area Mexican restaurants, this place is legit.

1  Thank Ann B
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Relatives in Eau Claire simply told us "we are going out for Mexican, and your coming with, and you will love it!" This place didn't disappoint!

The spartan storefront and decor hides amazing authentic Mexican food, the likes of which I have only ever had previously had in Mexico. Living in the Minneapolis/St Paul area, I have to admit that this place beats every place Mexican restaurant I can think of, hands down. My only wish is that it wasn't 90 minutes away! If you are fortunate enough to be local, or just passing through Eau Claire, make sure to stop here.

1  Thank JWMerkel
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have eaten at many Mexican restaurants in Eau claire! I got tacos al pastor! They were amazing! And 4 tacos for $9.99!!! Can't beat that! The chips and salsa were to die for! Especially the two green ones! The staff was so friendly and nice and checked on us perfectly!!! Thank you! I will be back for some more tacos!!!