“Nice two bed room suite”

GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Eau Claire
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Reviewed 8 August 2013

In Eau Claire with another couple (us and our toddler) and the suite was a good value for that.
Nice breakfast, with bacon, eggs and waffles, that they kept well stocked during the two mornings we were there.
They have a small playset for young kiddos, putting green and basketball court, those parts don't come through well on line.
One small complaint is that the pool is on the small side, nice but don't be planning to swim laps.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
GrandStay5, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding our facility. GrandStay has always been able to offer a variety of amenities in order to take care of as many guest needs as possible. We are glad that you enjoyed the facility and look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Eau Claire

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stay at a lot different hotels because of the work I do. The GrandStay Hotel in EauClaire was an excellent choice and provided our crew with unexpected comfort and amenities.

Located near the Oakwood Mall, off US 53 and I-94, the four story hotel was clean, well kept and was staffed by friendly people.

For budgetary reasons, our crew often has to share rooms. What a surprise to find we were assigned two bedroom suites. And the single room given to us had a Jacuzzi in the suite.

I guess you'd call this place an extended stay facility because in addition to the two bedrooms, our suite had a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, cooktop and a counter top that doubled as an office work space.

The wired Internet connection worked well. The beds, linens and towels were all nice and soft. Plumbing worked well and the AC was subtle and efficient. Our room was quiet, despite the full house.

The complementary breakfast offered a number of hot and cold items. It was maintained regularly and got us started on the right foot each day.

The only negative feature I can mention is the somewhat smallish parking lot, which made it difficult to turn around our 14-foot trailer. Fortunately there was a large bank parking lot next door, where we leave our rig for a short time.

We've stayed in several EauClaire area establishments over the years, and the GrandStay is definitely one of the best in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

We are all very happy that you were comfortable and enjoyed the spacious rooms that GrandStay provides. We enjoyed having you as our guest and welcome you into our hotel the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

The hotel allowed a group of 11 teenagers to thunder up and down the hallway for hours, the noise did not end until midnight or later. Phoning the desk got us a polite reply and an empty promise to manage the problem. We politely asked for an adjustment on our bill and since we checked out Monday morning, 4 days ago the manager has not yet called to discuss any adjustment. This location is a management disaster.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 517KJH
GrandStay5, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

The entire staff of the GrandStay deeply apologizes for the inconvenience during your stay. We have addressed the situation to ensure we are better serving all of our guests. I am hopeful that the problem was resolved to your satisfaction during out phone conversation and you can understand the reason for the delay in response. Our intent is to provide our guests with the best possible accommodations and although we fell short during your stay we feel that we have addressed the situation moving forward.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

The hotel was under renovation at the time of my visit. The entire 3rd floor was filled with mattresses. However, my room was nice and spacious. The continental breakfast was very good. The WIFI connection was horrible...overall I would say my stay was average.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
GrandStay5, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

We are extremely sorry that you had to experience your stay during the renovation process. You may be happy to know that we have completed all of the guest room renovations as well as much of the public space. When you are back in the area your stay with us will be much more relaxed!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Having two rooms and a kitchenette fior $100 which has free wi-fi and breakfast and is a minute from the freeway made our one night visit great. The early-riser can have coffee and read or watch TV in the living room while the sleepy head snoozes. Our room 111 had a view of trees making it exceptionally quiet and private. Room for yoga, two tv's and large fridge. Only improvement needed is adjustable bedside lights for readers.

• Stayed: February 2013
GrandStay5, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thank you for choosing the GrandStay Residential Suites during your recent visit to Eau Claire. We are so happy that you enjoyed our spacious and comfortable two bedroom suite. As you may have noticed, we are in the midst of a very extensive upgrade to all of our suites and encourage you to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Rooms could use a coffee table and somewhere to set soap and shampoo while in the shower.

Hotel is beautiful and rooms are spacious, but lacking in places to get work done. I have enough floor space to sleep 8 people but nowhere for my laptop to work on while sitting on the sofa.

Bathrooms are spacious but has a standing tiled shower that flows into the rest of the bathroom. It would help to have somewhere to place soap and such while taking a shower aside from the floor.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Hi,
I stayed here for business for almost a year. It quickly became my home away from home.. The staff were superb in every way.!! They really made my stay comfortable and made me feel at home. Yet their professionalism always shone through. An amazing job done by all..Thanks Guys!! The Grandstay had the comforts of home yet the amenities and staff of a 5 star hotel. A unique pleasant combination that will make your stay one of your best hotel experiences.

All my needs were thought of before I needed them and on the rare occasion where something was needed the service was rapidly and professionally given. The breakfasts were very good and varied. Above average to say the least..I was addicted to the sauges..mmm.
The rooms are immaculately kept and the value for your dollar cannot be surpassed. The rooms were quiet and the beds were awesome. The location is fantastic to get in and out to the 2 major hiways going north and south or east and west (94 and 53). There are plenty of excellent restaurants within 5 mins drive, walking to many and also shopping right across the road and also Eau Claires largest Mall within 5 mins drive across the freeway. Target and Wallmart are within walking distance. Texas road house, Fuji- japanese, a couple chinese buffets, TGI Fridays, Olive Garden a Brazillian restaurant,Buffalo wings, a Panera and many many more are within 5 minutes.. So it is the best location for a hotel in Eau Claire.
During my stay I saw plenty of sport teams, business meetings and political parties staying there. Paul Ryan and his entourage of security spent a night there !... which was very interesting to see security on the ready through out the hotel all night long.

So a must stay if you are in the Eau Claire area.
A large backyard with a childrens play area and a basketball court. Grilles are outside for bbqing your own meals...a home away from home with all the amenities and more.
I cannot say enough of the staff and this hotel. I travel extensively and this was my favorite by far.

Room Tip: All rooms are very clean and quiet. They are roomy and have just been upgraded before I left. I did...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business