“Nice hotel, especially for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Eau Claire Conference Center

BEST WESTERN PLUS Eau Claire Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Madison
“Nice hotel, especially for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2007

When booking, I was a little concerned about how low the price was.

However; I was very please with this place!

One night there were even 300 seniors there, and with that it was still comfortable.

Clean rooms, I stayed in a suite, which was only 79.00, and was comparable to the hilton I stayed in recently. Except it was not as nicely decorated.

Definately clean, updated, and worth the price!

• Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Westchester, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2007

What a dump! I made the reservation in March 2007, which included my cell number. After a long, hot drive to the facility, I am informed at the front desk that "people didn't check out" so therefore, I no longer have a reservation. The situation had been known to them for hours (I arrived at 4:30 p.m. Central time, and was due at an event in approximately one hour), but no phone call had been made to me. A giggly teenage girl was at the desk; no manager was on duty, even though, by their own words, "this was one of their biggest weekends of the year." I am informed by said teenager that I must be moved to a local no-name roach motel. Offer declined very firmly -- plenty of dumps were available without reservations, we were relying on brand-name quality (which never appeared). After 25 minutes of wrangling, a room is assigned, even though the teenager does not want to give me the room. Manager never makes personal appearance. We put things in room, leave for event.

Upon return, the air conditioning is not properly functioning (and it's in excess of 90 degrees in this part of Wisconsin). A suite with a king size bed and a sofa bed had been reserved, but the sofa bed is broken beyond use and can barely be used as a sofa, much less a sofabed. After a sweaty, uncomfortable night, when I checked out and informed the staff of said conditions, I was told that "that was what I get for being uncooperative" at check-in and that they would have comped my stay at the roach motel (an offer that was never made to me) and that since I insisted, they weren't going to make any adjustments. (Apparently, actually expected value for your money for is anathema to this particular facility.)

I contacted Best Western Corporate upon return from trip, who forwarded complaint to Trail Lodge. Of course, they have not contacted me directly, and they will not. Corporate admits that this was botched, but is now in franchisee's (and my credit card company's) hands.

Having stayed at many Best Westerns throughout the country, this facility is not worthy of the logo and should be a no-name roach motel just like its owners' other facility. We would have been better off sleeping in the car.

• Liked — The only redeeming quality this facility has was its proximity to our event destination.
  • Disliked — Where shall we start? The rude staff, the lousy accommodations, the poor customer service?
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank jeangreythephoenix
Racine, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2007

This hotel is fairly new and is located between
Interstate 94 and the university campus. Our room
was tastefully decorated with a king-size bed, sofa,
table, chairs, and coffee table. There was also a
small refrigerator and a microwave. The bathroom
was large, well stocked with towels, and exceptionally
clean. There are screens on the windows so we had
the choice of fresh air. There was plenty of light to read by.

Breakfast included make your own waffles, french toast,
cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, and sweet rolls.

The indoor pool water was warm enough to swim in.
We will be returning to this hotel next time we visit
Eau Claire.

• Liked — Quality and cleanliness
  • Disliked — The view towards the back included some light industry.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SraWagner
St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2007

We stayed in the whirlpool suite for around $100 a night. It had a standard bathroom, 2 person hot tub in the living area, also in the living area-fridge, microwave, TV, couch, chair, table and chairs. It had a separate bedroom with beautiful furniture! Wrought iron king size canopy bed, dresser and TV.

The room was perfect for the price, however, our stay would have been more delightful if the front desk had been more friendly. Every time we went to ask a question, we felt we were bothering them.

We also happened to be sharing our stay with a large group of families there for a hockey tournament. So the hotel was literally overtaken by 10-12 year old boys running, playing hockey, and shouting in the hallways, and parents drinking in the lobby. At breakfast, the attendant could not keep up.

If the room and rate is all the matters, this is the place to stay. Hopefully, during your stay, the hotel will be full of couples, or at least parents who monitor their children.

• Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank mycatisboss
Payson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2007

While visiting family in eau claire we came upon this great hotel. The front desk was very helpful during our stay. The large suite we got for only 80$ had two queen beds and a pullout. the room also had a refrigerator, microwave and two tvs. the pool there was small but very nice and heated. The front lobby had a large tv and a computer with internet access and a printer - very helpful. The hot breakfast in the morning was good but other hotels in the area have had better. overall i would definetley reccomend this hotel for anyone staying in eau claire.

• Liked — The staff and the accomidations
  • Disliked — The Breakfast
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank bhakari
Winnipeg, MB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2006

I stayed at this hotel towards the end of a three week journey through the United States and Canada.
Upon entering the lobby of this hotel we immediately had a smile on our faces. It truly is an inviting area to the guests entering the hotel.
The desk staff was extremely friendly, helpful and efficient.
The room was wonderful. Its size was reasonably large, and furnished with very stylish Broyhill furniture. The beds were comfortable and large. The room and the bathroom both were sparkling clean.
The pool area is inviting with a decent size pool and whirlpool. An exercise room adjoining the pool area was well stocked with a good variety of equipment.
The hotel provides a breakfast that consisted of a good variety of food and drink.
The overall impression one gets of this hotel is one of class and genuine attempts to make guests feel welcome and comfortable.
The staff's overall dedication to service was illustrated when I questioned the low speed of the wireless internet connection. The desk staff immediately apologized and provided me with a complimentary modem to connect to a cable network.
As a GoldCrown club member of Best Western hotels, I have stayed in many of their locations.
It is withoiut any hesitation that I will rate this location as one of the best in the entire Best Western Chain.

• Liked — The wonderful service
  • Disliked — none
  • Tips/Secrets — I highly recommend this hotel
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jomoud
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2005

This is a fairly new hotel that was formerly the Park Inn and Suites. I have not stayed there but have had many family and friends stay there. In fact the bridal party, and grooms parents and groom stayed there for our daughter's wedding. Everyone was very happy with the accommodations. I toured the hotel and the rooms and suites were very nice. Get a suite if you want some privacy from your kids. The conference and wedding facilities are very nice, although we had our wedding reception elsewhere. I attended a Christmas party there, the facilities were very nice, and the food was adequate and I considered it average. I think the food is catered in from a very nice local restaurant and is not prepared right on site. There is a nice lobby with coffee and a mini-breakfast. Pool.

Beautiful surroundings. Walking distance to the river trail which is great for runners, walkers, and biking. Short driving distance to lots of food, hospital, banks, soccer fields,university, other hotels, small shopping mall with Shopko. Right off the interstate exit, easy access. Safe place to stay.

Go to Randy's restaurant (not open Sunday) or the chinese Bistro or Sweetwaters to eat. If you want subs, go to Cousin's Subs a short drive east on Clairemont Ave. Happy Hour at O'Leary's Bar in the Quality Inn is a real deal.

Happy traveling!!!