BEST WESTERN PLUS Eau Claire Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
thunder bay
“Nice stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Nice clean rooms. The beds are comfy and the pillows are plush too. Close to some restaurants. Mall is a 13 minute drive. Lounge is really small, but does offer pizza and some popcorn. Hot tub is nice by the pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Saint Paul, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

From the moment I checked in, until the moment I checked out the stay was great! Clean, quiet rooms with a great breakfast. I had forgotten some things and the front desk was happy to fill in what I was lacking. Had the pool to myself (with grandkids) for over an hour.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Ramsey, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Check in person very helpful but appearance of lobby drab. Card key entry to room looked old - didn't work. Had to try several times to get into room. When I came back later, card entry didn't work at all. Room clean but drab and very dark. Bed was adequate but past experience has been really comfortable beds at a Best Western. I'd stay again if they remodeled into the 21st century.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the first time. It is definatley not a 4 star hotel. Upon entering our room we were overcome with the smell of must. So musty it took your breath away. We have a daughter with asthma so I went to the front desk immediately. I was told there were no other room available but they would send someone to the room to look at the problem. Well surprise surprise no one ever showed up. From reading other reviews it seems they are well aware of this problem. The smell was so bad that I think they are going to end up with sick people from the air quality. My daughter actually ended up in the drs office for extra meds today.We also bought a bottle of Febreeze with our own pocket money. Front desk employees looked to be about 16 years of age and were polite but of course have no recourse when handling problems. I believe there was a manager there when I complained and she actually just ignored the whole conversation which again led me to believe they know about the problem with air quality. Maybe a lawsuit from sick people will take care of it. They also, as stated in other reviews ran a photocopy of my license, Which made me uncomfortable as I have had my identity stolen in the past. I did get it back, after a long search upon checkout but only when I asked. I was told machine wasnt working which again probably not true as other reviewers state same issue. This motel is older and dingy looking. Definately does not deserve the stars it gets. I will never stay again and feel my savings on booking on priceline was no savings at all after paying for a Dr visit and a bottle of Febreeze because of their refusal to address a serious problem. Definately think twice before staying here.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lynWisconsin
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights. The room was clean and nice size. We had a problem with the toilet handle not working right, we left them know and they fixed it immeadily. The breakfast could of been a little more choices. The food was good especially the day they had bisquits and gravy. Very excellent tasting. We had a banquet there and the food was excellent. We had to laugh after just finish eating power went out for the whole area of town. The emergency lights came on but not quite enough light. The staff went out of there way to bring in a few lanterns, lit all the candles on the tables, and hung flashlight next to the bathrooms that you could use to see while using a bathroom. We still went on with the program. and power came back in a hour. The swimming pool and hot tub were wonderful. They also had a outside area you could go sit in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Ironwood, MI, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This room had a bed I could actually sleep on. A very comfy bed and clean. The room was clean and well lit and the staff was friendly and professional. There was a couple of groups of children there (just my luck) but other than the occasional running in the hallways, it was fairly quiet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Hanover PARK, iL.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Going Fishing near International Falls. We break up the trip and never know when we are going to leave our house and how traffic will be, so didn't make prior reservations and were still able to get a room with 2 beds and a rollaway by calling at 7 pm.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family