“Clean and Comfortable”

Sleep Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed here for a quick one night stay. I would stay here again, the rooms were very clean and comfortable. I know this property isn't very old and you can tell because it's very well maintained. The hotel staff was very friendly. It's near the highway and connected to a truck stop, and you couldn't even tell because it's very quiet. The only thing that's bad about this hotel is its location, its not by anything. Also when staying at this hotel DO NOT go to the attached restaurant, the food is bad and the service is terrible.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Stacey B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites of Eau Claire and also for your review! I am happy to hear the hotel was able to extend an experience that met your needs and expectations. I wish I could say the same for our neighboring restaurant. I regret the quality of food and service in which you were given. I would appreciate specific details in order to correct our quality and better train our staff. I can be contacted directly via email at sleepinn@rivercountrycoop.com or 715-874-2900. Again, I greatly value your feedback and feel we can become better with the assistance of further input from your experience.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Hotel is in a very convenient spot for me...right off the highway and they have a good rate for the quality you receive. I've stayed there several times over the last two years and every time the staff has been exceptionally nice and very professional even with unruly quests.
The first evening I stayed there the guest next door to me beat the crap out of his wife. Good thing the police showed up as fast as they did...the things this guy said to her! The staff seemed to keep guests calm who were awakened by this incident at midnight; the police were very quick and professional about their business gaining entry into the room and arresting the offender. It's also good to know that the hotel and police have such a fast response time in keeping the guests safe at this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay toward the south side of the hotel away from Hwy 29. Less road noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

My stay at this hotel was great and I will stay again on my business trip every time I'm in the area. The sleep inn and suites has something for everyone from adults to kids to businesses. I was impressed with the one stop shop like the travel station or hair cuts and the pub and restaurant in the hotel. Basically there was no reason to leave once I arrived , everything I needed was right there. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was awesome. Thank you to everyone at sleep inn and suites.Victor

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Spent one night here passing through on my way to Minneapolis. It's not necessarily a quick and easy on/off to access I-94 but it's only about 8 miles away and a straight shot so it's not a big deal either. The hotel kind of gives you that feeling of being in the middle of no where. Once you exit the Interstate you basically see nothing but farms until you come across the hotel which also consists of a gas station and restaurant.

I don't actually mind the location, while not really conveniently located to any other businesses besides the gas station and restaurant, it's also quiet and sort of peaceful in a way. The hotel itself seems rather busy but not the surrounding area, if that makes any sense...lol.

My room was OK, yes it was a little on the small side but it had everything I needed. Cleanliness was decent but not spectacular. Most everything in the room worked with the exception of the AC/Heating unit which only worked sporadically, however, even when it did work it blew out mold and dirt so we didn't bother with it much.

Internet connection was solid and speed tests showed speeds of about 3Mbps down and 300K upload.

Bed was decent but a little on the firm side, bedding itself looked a little ratty, water pressure was not very good, water was slimy, bathroom towels were thin, I mean this isn't exactly the Taj Mahal but it's not bad either.

All in all it's just a nice, basic hotel at a fair price and I'll probably return when I'm back in the area. I'll call this 3.25 stars.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Convenient from highway, full service with clean rooms, filling free breakfast, and friendly staff. Great stop en route to Twin Cities. Attached to gas station and convenience center. Reduced 1 star because of thinner walls, but otherwise excellent, especially for price.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for a clean but no frills hotel room this is a good choice.
The rooms are small but clean. They have a pool and small exercise room.
There is a breakfast included, but not a lot to offer here. There is no microwave in the kitchen area. There is a nice bar attached to this hotel. Good value and no frills.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. We got a large room for only about $90.00 per night.
There was one thing we were dissapointed in... they had a LARGE birthday party on Saturday and the people took over the entire pool area with very obnoxious children and the parents pretended not to notice how badly they behaved. I had my daughter and niece with me who are 4 and 6 and they were unable to enjoy the area at all. Usually hotels do not allow this on Saturday in our city, maybe a Sunday after 11 when most families are checked out. If we stay there again I will ask if there are parties booked during our stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family