“Large room but lousy view”

Sleep Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Madison, Wisconsin
“Large room but lousy view”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was my first time staying at a Sleep Inn and I was a little less than impressed. Things were chaotic at the front desk as there was a new employee training and there were a large number of guests checking in for a wedding. I have no problem with employees training but I feel that perhaps the timing could have been better. I was originally pleased that my room would be on the 3rd floor as I always request the highest floor. When I opened the door to the room, however, I found it had not been cleaned. As it was after 5 PM on a Friday, I found this to be rather preposterous. I returned to the desk and was offered a room on either the 2nd or the 1st floor. I took the room on the 2nd floor which was quite large and comfortable but had a view of the roof of the adjoining conference center. To say the least, the view was pretty awful and certainly not worth the same price as a room with a different view. Naturally there were children running around in the room directly above us, which is why I always request the top floor.

The staff was courteous and was able to get us a new room quickly, but I would have preferred to keep the original room and have it cleaned. There was no explanation as to why it was not cleaned when check-in had begun two hours earlier. I will admit that my aggravation with the situation probably colored my overall opinion, but the ridiculous view certainly didn't help matters. I didn't request a 3rd change because I knew how booked the hotel was with the wedding and I really hate being on the 1st floor (and who knows what THAT view would have been!).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sally1382
Stacey B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience during your recent stay and failing to meet your expectations as our guest. We strive to exceed expectations and are quite embarrassed you encountered what you did. We have spoken as a team regarding your stay and thank you for your feedback.

Again we regret the service in which was extended.

Stacey Bunkelman, GM & Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here over a weekend with no complaints. The room was clean, the breakfast was all right, and the staff was very friendly. There was a wedding reception one night, and they were pretty loud, but we couldn't hear them in our room. There is only one elevator at the far end of the hotel, so if you have a room on the second or third floor, don't bother parking in the rear lot.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Stacey B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thanking you for being our guest and taking the time to extend your feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm happy we met your expectations however during your next stay I hope we exceed them! Again, we continue to grow by taking your thoughts seriously and putting them into action!

Enjoy your future travels!

Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have been staying here for business purposes almost monthly for 3-4 years. Grade A+ each visit. There are places to stay that are closer to my work site, but I'm not about to fix what ain't broken by staying elsewhere. The staff is great. Rooms are clean. Internet is speedy. Complimentary breakfast is so good! Bonus is the C-store and good, reasonably priced food at the restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank kryssi62
Stacey B, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
If there is ever anything we're able to do to make your home away from home more enjoyable please do not hesitate in bringing it to our attention.

Thank you for your loyalty!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was very pleased with our stay. The location was not great for close access to the college campus or any shopping, but it's only a 15 minute drive away. With the gas station, pool, bar, restaurant right there, you really don't need to leave for anything. Very nice breakfast was included.

Room Tip: We stayed in the king suite. The king bed was great. The pullout sofa couch was not so comfortable...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Stacey B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for being a committed Choice hotels! It sounds as if we were a perfect fit for your travels! I'm glad we had the parking and amenities to make your stay with us convenient!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Tracy
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We were on a business trip up to the Northern part of Michigan and in returning we wanted to get about to Eau Claire, WI before heading home the nest day. I looking in my Choice book and found the Sleep Inn just off Hwy 29 so would be perfect for us. I also noticed they had a restaurant attached which we like as we were pulling a car on a dolly and do not want to drive somewhere for dinner. it was perfect for our needs and they treated us very well. We wanted on the first floor but they told us we could be on the third floor as they had a number of families there for a hockey tournament and might be too noisy. We declined and said we would be fine.
The restaurant worked out very well and we had some wonderful soup. We had a king room with a sofa which we like. As it turned out we did not hear a thing all night so it was perfect. We will put this hotel on our list if we are in the area again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for being our recent guest! I agree, it is a short drive to campus or shopping but once you're here we try to have everything you'll need, under one roof! No need to go out in the cold!!

We hope to see you again in the near future!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 5 January 2014

One of the best hotel experiences! King bed suite is reasonably priced and spacious. Very clean and well appointed with fridge and microwave . Heat unit is quiet,beds comfy.
Breakfast excellent- bacon and eggs were hot. items were replenished immediately. Fresh fruit pastries, yogurt, make your own waffles, etc were all there.
Newer hotel with gas station,convenience store, beauty salon, laundry, restaurant and spors bar all connected. So nice not to have to go out in the cold. Also pool, fitness room.
Service excellent. I had problem with the tv and they were here to fix it in 5 mins. WiFi works great
Complex is in the middle of the country, but it is quiet and pretty

Room Tip: King suite was only $3 more than regular room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time and reflect on your stay with Sleep Inn & Suites Conference Center! I'm thankful you enjoyed all our amenities and found your stay to be comfortable. We strive to meet the needs of each of our guests - to know that we did is rewarding!

If in our area again, we would be grateful if you stayed with us again!

Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This was the ultimate dream hotel. Pool/hot tub, exercise room, bar, convenience store, spa, video arcade...spacious rooms, courteous staff. Comfy beds, animal friendly, kid friendly...this was an all service hotel. There is also a reasonably rated restaurant inside. Great food. Convenient.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Stacey B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for being our guest and exploring all we have to offer, under one roof! I'm thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is helpful for continual growth.

We hope to see you again in the near future!

Stacey and Staff