“An excellent dining experience.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mona Lisa's Restaurant

Mona Lisa's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mona Lisa's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 229 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“An excellent dining experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

I went to Mona Lisa's with 2 business associates, one of whom had been there and like it. There was nothing NOT to like. The restaurant is divided into to 2 large rooms with a well stocked bar in one. We had reservations, but sat at the bar while we waited for our table to be cleard. The bartender was friendly and efficient and the drinks are reasonable. The decor of the restaurant is very well done and eclectic. The dinner itself was excellent. I had spicy scallops. The scallops were sweet, the pasta done to perfection, the sauce tasty and the amount more than enough.......I couldn't actually finish it, nor could one of my companions. The 'spice' was between 1-10 and I asked for 8......and was questioned as to if that was what I REALLY wanted. It was, they delivered and it was good. If I ever get ot Eau Claire with my wife, I'd love to go again.

Bloomer, Wisconsin, United States
“Average, at best.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

We went on a Friday night, had reservations. Liked the vibe when we came in, had a very urban feel. Upon checking in we said we would be at the bar (which we liked) waiting for the rest of our party (we were 10min early), when we came back to the podium to be seated she had no idea who we were, and did not have a table for us. We did get a great table by the window, but the service was lacking through the entire meal. Very slow, inattentive. I did not care for the appetizer (goat cheese) and I was thoroughly disappointed with my meal, Thai Shrimp Pasta. Two people at the table ordered the same thing (Duck) and although they liked their food, the difference in appearance was laughable. It did not look like they ordered the same thing--so consistency is not a strong point. The drinks and dessert were the high points, I will be in no hurry to return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Miranda L
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Exceptional and innovative food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I've eaten here a number of times, but a friend and I had one of the best dinners we'd each ever had the other night. We're both vegetarian, but there were five vegetarian choices for entrees that night (unlike many restaurants that are labeled or call themselves "vegetarian friendly", Mona's really is.) I started with a roasted beet, walnuts and gorgonzola salad that had a variety of great flavors and was very tasty, and my friend started with a spring salad (minus prosciutto) that he thought was fresh and excellent. For entrees, I tried the gnocchi with fall vegetables (onions, potatoes, brussel sprouts, others) - it was amazing, with a rich garlic flavor throughout that still let the vegetables shine through. My friend tried the eggplant manicotti, which uses eggplant as the shell. He works at a restaurant, and found the dish to be exceptionally good. Desserts were panna cotta and port :-). We left feeling filled and fulfilled.

Only possible issues - one slight gap in service (that we really didn't miss as we were deep in some discussion), and growing noise as the evening proceeded in the bar/eating area (not a lot they can do here, but if/when they expand next door there will be more space to work with). These were small points for the evening, and were far outweighed by the quality food, good beverages, and helpful overall service.

Marion, Iowa
“Trendy Atmosphere, expensive food, crowded nightlife vibe...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

The restaurant does a great job of advertising in Eau Claire! So why not buckle down and give them a try.
I ordered the Spicy Chicken, which they politely asked how spicy I wanted it (1-10), I choose an 8, and it was spicy, yet enjoyable. Well done! However, when I asked for Oil Olive to dip my bread into, they did not bring out pepper/cheese to go along with it. Strange, since they give off a modernistic Italian vibe.

My wife ordered the Tortellini Rockefeller. Much too cheesy for my taste, but those cheese lovers out there would love it.
It was a good meal, but the price and lack of any WOW'ing flare that my expectations lead me to believe set my experience back a bit. I might go back for Lunch, but probably not for dinner.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“A Restaurant Pearl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I have dined at Mona Lisa's a number of times and have enjoyed our dining experience each. Some may be put off by the noise level in the restaurant. We have never suggested Mona Lisa's to anyone who has specified that he or she is looking for a "quiet" night out. That said, if one is looking for the best non-franchise dining in the area, Mona Lisa's should be on the top of the list. We have always found the staff to be professional, prompt, friendly, and helpful. The pork loin that I had was done to perfection. Pork--when it is done right--is as flavorful as any steak I have every had. This pork loin was done right. My wife's favorite is the spinach pasta with artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes. If one is looking for a special dining experience in Eau Claire, WI, Mona Lisa's is a must.