“Do Not Go Here!!!!”

Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do Not Go Here!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I ordered the Cashew Chicken and had to send it back. ( I have never sent a meal back in my life...I think its rude.) I took 1 bite and thought it tasted weird..so I took another bite....still not good. It tasted like old medicine that I had as a kid or something. I had another person in our party try it and she said there is something wrong with that. We then smelt my meal and it honestly smelt like urine. I did end up ordering the Seasame Chicken and it was good. But I couldn't get the first meal out of my head. When I got my bill...they had both meals on there. I asked the waitress to remove the first meal since I did not eat it. She said she would take care of it. She came back maybe 15 minute later and said that she took it off but the Manager stated that in the future you will be charged for both meals if you order both meals. I feel if you send a meal back you should not have to pay for it and you should perhaps get your meal for free. Not in this case. I was charged for both to begin with. Our service was very slow as well. One person waited 20-30 minutes for her meal AFTER we all got our meal. I actually got my 2nd meal at the same time she got her 1st meal. When we all got our bill...3 of them were wrong. 2 people were charged for things that they didn't even order. I do not recommend this place nor will I ever return.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Unhappy2night

Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States
“Tasty sushi with great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have eaten here on several trips through Eau Claire. The prices are reasonable, the service is excellent, and the quality of the specialty rolls is excellent.

Visited October 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Good Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

My son and I ended up here as it was across the street from the motel and it had been an exhausting drive. Not disappointed. They have a good selection of beers on tap and we shared a little sushi before dinner was delivered. Being this far north I was not surprised that my Mongolian Beef was way under seasoned but a comment to the waitress produced the proper hot sauce to kick it up a notch... or four. Very satisfying evening. Good food, nice atmosphere, attentive staff. And we only had to walk across the street.

• Visited September 2013
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Lunch on a tight schedule”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Seated quite quickly. The waitress was training a new employee. Normally not a good quick lunch opportunity, but was not a problem today. The noon menu is part of the entire large menu, and not very well separated. Having said that, the prices are inexpensive and the portions are ample for lunch. Shrimp with lobster sauce was a bit on the dry side, and not too warm. My lunch guest had spicy shrimp which was on the low scale of spicy. The soup with meal was hot when presented. Perhaps just an off day for a brand new employee. Lunch was busy and was In and out in less than an hour. Past experience with this venue is excellent and kudos to employee "Linda" as often with so many restaurant choices in the vicinity, we do not visit as often as we would like, but she always remembers our names and is very personable.

• Visited August 2013
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sooooo Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Shanghai has a great atmosphere as well as fantastic food. I go here for the sushi which is delicious! But for the pickier eaters there are other wonderful classic options, such as lo mein, cashew chicken, or sweet and sour chicken. It is not the cheapest meal when you get sushi, but it is well worth every penny.

• Visited May 2013