“Doesn't look like much from the outside”

Tokyo Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 233 Restaurants in Eau Claire
Price range: US$15 - US$33
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Doesn't look like much from the outside”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Went in on Mothers Day with a larger group on short notice. The restaurant did a fantastic job of accommodating us. Waiter was excellent, clever, did a fantastic job of exceeding our expectations and was entertaining for our kids. The chef put on a good show and the food was prepared very well. While it didn't look like much from the street the service and the taste made up for it.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank William S

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“Best Japanese in town”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I always enjoy going to Tokyo to eat. The service is good and the food is great. Much quieter than the other Japanese grill in town. One of our families favorite places to eat.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank JohnF1949
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Decent”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I ate here during my stay in Eau Claire, was not a horrible experience but the menu did not have very many choices and was very confusing. Food was good, the people we shared our table with were fairly rude, which made our dining experience not pleasing. Our chef was very friendly and knowledgeable. They take a long time to serve drinks and refills.

• Visited April 2014
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I love this place. It's not cheap... but you're paying for great food and a little show as well.
The food is freshly prepared right in front of you. The chef will try to throw your freshly cooked shrimp into your mouth from the grill. The food portion is fairly generous. One of the things I truly love is just how I feel after I've eaten there. I'm satisfied and I don't feel "weighed down"
Another nice fact about Tokyo is that it is locally owned. Fairly uncommon in a tough economy... My only real complaint in this review is the horribly boring decor this restaurant has to offer.

1 Thank Michael M
Two Harbors, Minnesota
“Must stop place in Eau Claire”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I've stopped here a few times for lunch during my travels through Wisconsin. The service is always very attentive, the food is excellent and well presented and the prices are extremely reasonable. Essentially you get an interesting, tasty meal for the same cost fast food place might charge.

• Visited March 2014