“good food, hard to find”
Review of Lake House Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lake House Inn
Ranked #24 of 31 Restaurants in Edgerton
Cuisines: American
Janesville, Wisconsin
“good food, hard to find”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Very hard to find, well kept secret by the locals. The food was good not great, the prices were reasonable. Service was decent but I have been told they are sometimes slow. Wait staff was polite.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Lisa M

“save yourself a trip”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I decided to write this review after my third dinner at Lake House Inn.
First time I ate there becasue I heard a lot about that place and wanted to see what the fuss is all about. Second and third time because I had a gift card for that place, I was willing to give it another try, then I thought third time is a charm (it was not).
The location is very nice, in a residential area of Mallwood Estates just a block away from Lake Koshkonong. The restaurant looks very nice... on the outside. I am not sure if the interior decor is part of the plan or lack of motivation to change anything until it falls apart.
It looks like it is a very popular place for senior residents and their off springs from the area, who know each other very well, and are just as familiar with staff. That would possibly explain friendly but lacking certain skills wait staff. People carry loud conversations across few tables sharing the latest news of whose daughetr/son got married, divorced, who died, or moved to assisted living. Last time a semi drunk woman, shared her detailed life story since she has left HS (and she looked ~50) with a couple two tables away. The whole restaurant was filled with her annoying whining voice about how pretty boring her life is, as she was repeating this exact line every few sentences. I felt like I was stuck in the middle of someone's family reunion.
I did not give food a better rating because there was nothing special about it. I dare to say that I could make a better salad at home, and their soups are no better than canned ones from the grocery store. Veggies did not look/taste fresh, the steak for my companion came with canned mushrooms. I ordered ribs and the sauce smelled so strong of vinegar that it literally burned my eyes. I felt bad for doing it but in order to keep the plate in front of me and breath normal, I scraped the sauce as much as possible, and covered it with a napkin. Oh, and a spoon had something caked to it, looked like apiece of veggie- gross.
If you are thinking about checking out a new place, save yourself a trip and keep looking unless you want to experience "Wisconsin supper club from the old days"

• Visited June 2012