“It’s not the Waffle House …”

Winchester Restaurant at the Oasis
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Edgerton
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“It’s not the Waffle House …”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

1st VISIT

At the Waffle House, everyone says ‘Hello’ when each customer walks in the door. Here they walk right past you without saying a word.

‘Seat yourself’ and the menu’s are on the table. No buffet or salad bar so I had to order something quick from the menu. I ordered a patty-melt with salad instead of fries.

I thought things were going good, got my salad and just as I am done eating, I hear the cook ‘ding’ that an order is up. Looks like mine. Then another order is up and that one is served, then another large order is up and ‘what I thought was mine,’ is taken to the other table. And then a plate from that order is brought to me.

So either my order sat there for 5 minutes or one of the ones from the other table did. Either way, neither the cook nor the waitress’ should let any meal sit for that long. And YES, I did time it … I am on a 30 minute break.

Food was good, and the location is where I need to take a break so I’ll give them at least one more chance.

2nd VISIT - 10 days later

This trip the only thing I don’t know is what the soup of the day is … cheesy potato. So my order is soup and their patty melt. Soup is a little thinner than I was expecting but lots of ‘stuff’ in the soup. Sandwich was good, onions were as good as they were last time.

No delay on food this time ...

Next time I will try a different sandwich, I’ll be back.

... oh, plenty of big rig parking, it is at a truck stop, and one that is not very busy.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome

Janesville, Wisconsin
“Very Good Truck Stop Food w/ Ample Portions!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

This place is a keeper. We've been here several times and now it has been remodeled and the room is larger with fresh paint. It is still a truck stop but the food is GOOD and the portions are sometimes too big but leftovers are always a plus. We stopped in yesterday for breakfast on our way home from Madison. I had a cheese omelet with hash browns & Texas Toast, my husband had the country fried steak (which fills a separate dinner plate) with American fries, eggs & toast. We both ate on the steak. The service is friendly with smiles. It is not the Taj Mahal, it's a truck stop with good food and breakfast is available all day.

• Visited October 2013