“Wonderful family campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Egg Harbor
Egg Harbor Campground
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We planned to spend two nights in a tent site. The staff was exceptionally helpful - they explained all the policies and services (quiet hours, pool, tv room, game room, wifi, water points, laundry, restrooms, showers, playground, trash area, firewood sales), escorted us to our site and checked back to be certain all was well. I purchased several firewood bundles which they delivered to our site for us, and when I mentioned I had forgotten a bag for trash, they provided one.

On the afternoon of the second day, the staff came around to tell everyone that rain was coming. I checked the radar and decided to pack up and leave before the rain arrived, since I didn't want to pack a wet tent in the morning. They seemed genuinely sad to see us cut our visit short because of the weather, and offered to refund my money for my unused firewood.

The entire area was fully wooded and shady, and very well maintained. There were lots of families with kids riding bikes, and lots of seniors in RVs, many of whom seemed to be regulars. VERY friendly bunch. The bathrooms / showers were clean, and the rental cabins looked wonderful from the outside. They had a small camp store that stocked essentials. We did not use most of the amenities in the short time we were there, but I definitely will go back.

My only complaint was the firepit. It was a ring of stones, and had no grill, which made cooking somewhat precarious and difficult. If you plan to cook on a fire, you should bring a tripod or some other means to balance a pot.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank bhspath

Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

I stayed here one night in a tent. Campground was very clean. Great location and even has a heated pool. There weren't very many other campers there making it a very quiet and peaceful experience

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Ejpjap
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

Slightly above average experience here. Decently clean bathroom/showers. Decent lot size and spacing, but all dirt and no grass. We stayed for 3 nights and park was never rowdy, and silent by 11pm. Has a nice pool, laundry, and game room. Location is unbeatable if you plan to explore the Door.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank BnKSimmons
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We spent two nights here camping in a full hook-up, pull-through site in our travel trailer. The section where we camped was new and was geared toward RVs. It didn't have a lot of mature trees and contained many seasonal campers as did the rest of the campground. Our section included coaches, fifth wheels, travel trailers and one permanent mini vacation mobile home. The pad was packed gravel and the firepit was dug into the ground and ringed with stones. Each site in our section had some landscaping, but the rest of the campground contained mature trees and shrubs and wasn't formally landscaped. The sewer, electric and water hook ups were located in a convenient spot. My husband used the shower room located next to the office and said it was the cleanest campground shower he had ever seen. I noticed the women's restroom/shower appeared to be equally spotless. Free wi-fi accessed in the game room next to the office came in handy because my smart phone lost data access. The game room had a big selection of books and board games in addition to a pool table in the back room and there were several tables for laptop users. Our kids used the heated pool one evening. My husband and I were equally impressed with how well-run and well-maintained the campground was. The hosts were really friendly and provided dinner ideas.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank waldoking_m
Reviewed 6 July 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a few nights over Memorial weekend this year. We were the only tent campers for the first night, but a few more joined us over the weekend. They put us in a nice, quiet corner campsite which was wooded on three sides and overlooked the golf course on the fourth side.

Each tent site had a campfire ring (but no grates, so plan/pack accordingly) and they sold firewood onsite. Each site also had a picnic table, and the sites were big enough for us to set up a comfortable camp and had gravel pads for your car. It sounds like they may be adding a few more tent campsites.

The shower houses were new (this year or maybe last?) and clean. Plenty of hot water. Centrally located. I have stayed at a lot of campgrounds and I can say with certainty that there are nice facilities in comparison to other campgrounds I've stayed at.

They also had some A-frame cabins that you could rent and it sounded as though the owners were working on updated cabins. I didn't see the insides of these firsthand.

They had an orchard that you could walk through (and which were beautifully in bloom in the end of May), and the campground was definitely pet- and kid-friendly.

We tent-camped there,but I did notice the RV sites. There were plenty of them, and they all seemed big enough and pretty level. I think most (if not all?) were pull-through sites.

They also had a pool. It looked nice and clean and well-cared for. We didn't partake because it was chilly that weekend, but it would be a great amenity for people who want to take a dip.

The owners were very nice and accommodating. They got us checked in and then escorted us to the site to make sure we didn't need anything else and that everything was okay. We saw them around the property several times that weekend and each time they asked how we were doing and if we needed anything. They work very hard to keep this place in good condition.

I loved the location...about halfway up the peninsula. That made it easy for us to get to all of our destinations.

I had noticed the comments on other campgrounds in the area said that the campground hosts were too picky about noise levels, so when I saw Egg Harbor's website said "motorcycles welcome" I figured they wouldn't be too picky. While I didn't want to be disrespectful or obnoxious, I didn't want to spend all weekend worrying that I"m going to get yelled at for being noisy. I was pleased with this aspect of the campground. I don't feel that the campground was ever too loud, but I also didn't feel like we were being "babysat". During the daytime there were regular campground noises (kids, pets, cooking, etc.) but everyone staying there seemed to understand that after about 10 or 11 o'clock it was still okay to be out and about, but just be quieter while you're out there.

I would definitely stay here again and I'd also recommend this to a friend.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple