“Good stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Egg Harbor B&B and Inns
chicago
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

For the price and location this place can't be beat. No pool, small shower, old T.V but none of that matters good night stay and a great place to start your exploration of Door County. Oh, it's really clean!!!! Village cafe is right next door for breakfast & tons of area info in your room.

Stayed July 2014
sailingfan, Owner at Lull-Abi Inn, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Gabriel-Thanks for the nice review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. You're right, my place is not fancy. I believe that people come to Door County to "do" the county, I can tell because even on sold out days my parking lot is empty as everyone is out and about. Since people don't hang around their motels I choose to offer that traveler a clean, comfortable, and affordable room in a great location without the expense of pools, tennis courts and the like.

I hope we succeeded in providing that to you.

As a note to those reading this response, I do have several varieties of rooms and sizes, and some flat screens are appearing in some rooms (although I do have over 100 channels of digital cable and the fastest internet Charter offers).

Thanks again for the nice review

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked a room at the Lull-Abi Inn online, based on the price and the reviews of others who had stayed. The hotel is very clean and grounds are kept up. Our only interaction with hotel staff was upon check-in. At that time he was talking with two other guests about restaurants and making suggestions of where they should eat. I waited for a few minutes for the discussion to end and then checked in and received my keys. Our room was on the second floor at the end. The "partial view" of the bay was through trees and basically we could only see blue through the foliage. which was kind of disappointing. But considering the much lower rates at the Lull-Abi, we quickly got over it. The room was clean and dust free. The furnishings were a bit outdated, including an old TV, but we did not choose the hotel for the amenities. Overall if you value a clean room, stay here! It's location was great! Egg Harbor is a cute town and it was very convenient to travel around the entire peninsula. The downtown area of Egg Harbor was within walking distance, so it was easy to access shops, restaurants, and the harbor. Overall, the Lull-Abi was a comfortable, quiet, and clean place to stay.

Room Tip: I am sure the second floor is quieter, but there are many stairs.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
sailingfan, Owner at Lull-Abi Inn, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at my inn. I realize I have to buy some new TVs, the problem is that the new flat screens I bought had a mortality rate of 50%! No, I will not be re-buying that brand! At least my TVs have over 100 channels of digital cable coming to them!
Thanks again for the review!
Burlington, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

A friend and I have stayed at the Lull-Abi Inn many times and have never been disappointed. The owners, Bruce and Gail, are friendly, helpful and perfect hosts. The rooms are immaculately clean, fresh and inviting. We can park our car right next or under the room that we were staying in there. The location of this Inn makes it possible for walkers to walk down to restaurants and shops right there in Egg Harbor. The Inn is also located close to the well known Penninsula Players Theater which is a must see in Door County. Right next to the Lull-Abi Inn is a restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch. If part of your party wants to sleep in and others want to eat breakfast, then this is the ideal place for all of you. This Inn has a variety of room arrangements depending on the size of your group or family. You will not be disappointed in your stay or hosts at the Lull-Abi Inn in Egg Harbor, Wisconsin.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
sailingfan, Owner at Lull-Abi Inn, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Roger-Thanks so much for the great review. It is always a pleasure to see you check-in and I will look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I decided to stay at the Lull-Abi Inn, my parent used to go here 2 to 3 a year for years. They love it. My mother was handicapped and the owners were nice enough to grab a lazy-boy chair from their home and put it in the room for her.
When I stayed at the Lull-Abi Inn I didn't have much contact with the owner... check in and check out, but the room was very clean, nice, and spacious. They thought of everything... they had a cutting board, knife and bottle opener in the room.
The price was very reasonable. I would definitely stay at the Lull-Abi Inn again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeDe D
sailingfan, Owner at Lull-Abi Inn, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thak you so much for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.
Flagler Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I came to Door County for a reunion with friends, and loved your little inn. Especially liked that we had a separate living/dining area in our suite. We were there for 3 nights and found the place very pleasant, clean, comfortable, and friendly. Parking just in front of our place was very convenient. Loved the little cafe next door also. Especially liked being right in town.

Room Tip: We loved room #1! King sized bed in the bedroom, with separate living/kitchenette area.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
sailingfan, Owner at Lull-Abi Inn, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and you found that great room...#1!
Hope to see you again!
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have driven past this little hotel on many occassions. I have been visiting Door County almost yearly for the past 25 years. While we have never stayed at the Lull-Abi Inn in the past, we arrived in Door County a few weeks ago with a group of bicycle riders from the Twin Cities. Most of us stayed at the Lull-Abi. What a delightful place! We had a balcony out the front where we were able to view the lake, and a balcony out the back that looked over the huge yard. There were tables and lawn chairs on the front lawn where we spent every afternoon enjoying some wine, snacks, and good converstation with friends.The rooms were spacious, very clean, updated. Our bed was super comfortable.The bathroom was large and had everything we needed. We were delighted! The price was perfect! Thank you for such superior accomodations!

Room Tip: The upper rooms have two balconies, one overlooking the lake and the back overlooking the large yard...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
sailingfan, Owner at Lull-Abi Inn, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Ahh yes, another year with the Twin Cities Bicycle Club! We are always so pleased that your club comes back year after year and that we continue to provide you with great accomodations after your ride.
We hope to see you again next year as the TCBC tradition continues!

Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Very clean - we were very happy with our stay here. Would definitely go back again. Price was good too. Housekeeping was great to us. We even had cutting boards, knives and a dish towel - the little things you might forget to bring with you. Hair dryers in the bathrooms. chairs on the decks - front and back. Refrigerators in the rooms. very nice comforters on the beds. Nice place to stay for our annual golf outing.

Room Tip: If we went back again we would try to get the suites that they have. They were booked this time.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank KAYCEE50
sailingfan, Owner at Lull-Abi Inn, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thanks so much for the great review! We always strive to ensure that our guests have everything they need in the room, and of course you have to have a cheeseboard and a corkscrew! I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thanks!
#1 of 8 in Ephraim
Country House Resort
Country House Resort
#1 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Lull-Abi Inn? Share your experiences!