“Good, but could be better”
Review of Galileo's

Galileo's
Ranked #13 of 28 Restaurants in Egg Harbor
Price range: US$12 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I treated ourselves to a very nice meal for our anniversary recently. The food was very good. Service was average and the hostess was seemingly uneasy as even though there were plenty of available tables for seating, she was uncomfortable seating us. Wondering why especially when we were finished 50 minutes later that there were still about 1/2 of the tables open, I asked and she stated that she had reservations but that they were not showing up. Not that we would wish that on any business especially when they do provide good food I again wondered why that was. We sat outside for a bit not being in a hurry looking for signage to the restaurant as we had some difficulty locating the restaurant within this mini strip mall. While were were doing just this another couple came along and also were having some difficulty finding the restaurant. I asked and Yes, they were looking for this same place. I shared with them how to get there. It then dawned on us that as we arrived an hour earlier there were 2 other couples leaving that seemed somewhat upset as they were leaving as one was shaking there head. Could it be that because of the poor signage this restaurant is losing there reservations and other possible walkins? Not sure but again' the food was good, the decor is nice. I would just reccomend that they pay attention to the lack of signage directing patrons to there restaurant that is hidden inside of this little strip mall. One or 2 directional signs could make this restaurant better.

1  Thank Mike S

Reviewed 14 October 2013

see my review for The Bistro. (same building, same owners, same menu) AWESOME! We'll be making this part of our traditional Door County visit.

1  Thank Laurel R
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My wife and I stopped in for an early supper. I had Manicotti Bolognese and she ordered Eggplant Parmesan. These quite different dishes tasted pretty much the same, and the taste was not pleasing. The eggplant was not layered and almost certainly had not been baked. There was one (!) slice of eggplant on a bed of overcooked congealed pasta with some cheese on top and a mediocre tomato sauce. No taste of eggplant whatsoever. Very heavy and starchy. The Manicotti was just as bad. In fact the pasta was not manicotti. It was shaped more like penne and far to small to stuff. They didn't even make the effort to do so, and just glopped a tablespoon of ricotta on top. The sauce was more like sloppy joe, and the pasta (again--not manicotti) was badly overcooked and completely lacked texture and flavor.

All this for about $50, which included a glass of acceptable house wine for my wife.

I will not be returning.

1  Thank indian61
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Very nice restaurant, decor is really nice. We both had the early bird special with a pasta dish that was outstanding. Can't recall the name, but had mushrooms, peppers and squash and an excellant creamy sauce. Smaller portions than the normal menu and it was more than enough! Service was wonderful and friendly. Only complaint is the house salad that came with it is sorta ho hum! Just romaine lettuce and tomato and very thick red onion. Dressing was very good tho. Loved the breads! We will definitly go back when we are in the area.

1  Thank zimms4golf
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We came here for a girl's weekend and wanted Italian food. Sandy B or waitress was awesome. She was friendly and accommodating. We all enjoyed our food. They have a nice variety of dishes. Great job Sandy!

3  Thank clubie