“very busy place”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Shipwrecked is currently closed due to a fire. We will rebuild and hope to reopen sometime in 2018. Thank you to all our loyal customers. See you next time!
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Good craft beers and home brewed root beer. Food was average atmosphere was great sitting outside. Everybody in our party had a good time.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

A very badly managed establishment with some really bad and only mediocre beer. To begin, I asked the bartender what the Alcohol By Volume content was on the beer I ordered (an ale) at the bar. "Between four and six percent," she answered. Of course, that tells you nothing because 90% of the beers in the world are between for and six percent. More importantly, if a beer is stronger than usual, say six or more percent, a driver would not want to have two pints but might have two if the beer was four percent and the meal was gong to take a while. "The don't tell us," she continued much to my surprise. When we took our seats the service was very slow especially given the fact that the place was virtually empty. When the food did come--after 20 minutes--the waiter forgot one important item for my wife and that took another 10 minutes. I ordered the seafood chowder at about $8 a bowl and it was nothing but potato soup with exactly three tiny pieces of seafood--and two were artificial crab! So I sent it back and ordered the white fish sandwich at $11.95. McDonalds has a far better fish sandwich. The bun was tough as though it had been microwaved and the fish was tasteless. Before leaving I spoke to the manager. Much to my amazement he reiterated the point that the beers were "between four and six percent." He did not know what the specific alcohol contents were on the six or more beers brewed on the premises and currently on tap. I told him about the soup and the fish sandwich and he officiously said "thank you." Needless to say, he did nothing to adjust our bill. I should add that my wife had a very mediocre chicken sandwich and the beer was decent but nothing special. We had been to this restaurant a few times before and it was always mediocre at best, but the visit last week really was the worst dining experience we've ever had in Door County, and certainly the worst at any of Wisconsin's generally very good brew pubs. Absolutely not recommended, and we're not going back!

4  Thank rwolensk
smitjp19, General Manager at Shipwrecked Brew Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travelers. When you start your complaint to the manager with the threat of "I write reviews on TripAdvisor," don't expect much sympathy. While you may be used to restaurants like McDonald's where orders are prepared in less than 5 minutes and for under $5, at full service restaurants things take time to cook from scratch, so a 20 minute wait for a meal is not unreasonable. There are plenty of other restaurants to visit in Door County and I hope you are able to find one that will better satisfy you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had a mediocre lunch here on August 19th, 2014. We came in after 1 pm, and the restaurant was quite dirty inside. There was food on the floor and tons of crumbs and food in between the booths. My chicken BLT was burnt on the edges, and my specialty drink was weak at best. My wife's burger had salsa that was off, and my children were turned off by their burgers as well. The service was ok, but not attentive.

1  Thank Mmccoy1973
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Nothing to report regarding food and beer - and the service is slow, esp. during a busy lunch. But the location can't be beat and the atmosphere is fun.

1  Thank cblukens
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Come for the drinks...the food is just so so. The bartender was friendly but the food was nothing to write about. I had the mac and cheese and chicken tenders and hubby had a brisket dinner but it wasn't anything that we couldn't do ourselves.

1  Thank Judy S