My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights over the Labor Day holiday. I booked the hotel sight unseen based on trip advisor reviews and didn't quite know what to expect. We had stayed in another hotel in Sturgeon Bay a couple of years ago and were not familiar with this hotel or the Egg Harbor area. We arrived late (9pm ish) on Friday night to a very friendly and welcoming staff member. She gave us very easy directions to follow to our room. We found our room and I was happily surprised it had a bar like area with a fridge and a microwave. The room was also EXTREMELY clean. Very impressive. Saturday morning came around and we remembered that during check-in the friendly staff member had mentioned coffee and muffins. We headed down there to find the muffins and the coffee. The muffin I had was excellent and the coffee was even better. We went out for the day and returned a little late. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub (very nice). One thing we started to notice was just how quiet it was. We headed back to our hotel room. Sunday came around..more great muffins and coffee. One thing we did notice was the wi-fi cut off. We didn't think anything of it and headed out for the day. After we returned very late (we went to the very fun drive in!), we tried connecting to the wi fi again...no luck. Anyway..Monday comes around and we do notice that the wi fi did come back. I would highly recommend this hotel to any couple (or person) who is looking to stay in door county.
Very quiet. I'm sure that the no kids policy had something to do with this, but I never even heard anyone in the hallway period.
Pool and hot tub are nicely laid out.
You can stay out of the Fish Creek/Sister Bay traffic zones
Wi Fi was a little flaky. We didn't really need it for anything but reading reviews for restaurants, but losing it was a tad bit inconvenient. (Full disclosure: We never reported this to the front desk so they may not have been aware of the outage.)
We would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Ashbrooke, "Just for the Two of You". Our renowned attention to detail and unyielding commitment to excellence prove everyday that quality, comfort and courteous hospitality still count. Your escape to The Ashbrooke will renew your faith in customer service, and your stay will be an unforgettable experience. Your search for a great getaway stops here at The Ashbrooke, located on the beautiful Door County peninsula, the best Wisconsin has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your The Ashbrooke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ashbrooke Hotel Egg Harbor
- Ashbrooke Egg Harbor
- Ashbrooke Hotel Egg Harbor
- The Ashbrooke Egg Harbor, Door County, WI