“Great stay!”

The Ashbrooke
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Egg Harbor
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights over the Labor Day holiday. I booked the hotel sight unseen based on trip advisor reviews and didn't quite know what to expect. We had stayed in another hotel in Sturgeon Bay a couple of years ago and were not familiar with this hotel or the Egg Harbor area. We arrived late (9pm ish) on Friday night to a very friendly and welcoming staff member. She gave us very easy directions to follow to our room. We found our room and I was happily surprised it had a bar like area with a fridge and a microwave. The room was also EXTREMELY clean. Very impressive. Saturday morning came around and we remembered that during check-in the friendly staff member had mentioned coffee and muffins. We headed down there to find the muffins and the coffee. The muffin I had was excellent and the coffee was even better. We went out for the day and returned a little late. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub (very nice). One thing we started to notice was just how quiet it was. We headed back to our hotel room. Sunday came around..more great muffins and coffee. One thing we did notice was the wi-fi cut off. We didn't think anything of it and headed out for the day. After we returned very late (we went to the very fun drive in!), we tried connecting to the wi fi again...no luck. Anyway..Monday comes around and we do notice that the wi fi did come back. I would highly recommend this hotel to any couple (or person) who is looking to stay in door county.

Pros:
Clean
Very quiet. I'm sure that the no kids policy had something to do with this, but I never even heard anyone in the hallway period.
Pool and hot tub are nicely laid out.
Convenient location
You can stay out of the Fish Creek/Sister Bay traffic zones

Cons:
Wi Fi was a little flaky. We didn't really need it for anything but reading reviews for restaurants, but losing it was a tad bit inconvenient. (Full disclosure: We never reported this to the front desk so they may not have been aware of the outage.)

We would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Be aware that there is no elevator. Not a big deal for my husband and I, but for those with more lu...
Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Me and my wife spent the night of ower second anniversary, and we had a great time. It's a very quite, clean and relaxing place. The beach and all reastaurants are 5min away, but even if you decide to spend all day in the hotel you won't be disappointed...

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Simeon_ruse
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My wife and I spent a delightful weekend here midway through a trip around Lake Michigan. Our room on the second floor was quite spacious, comfortably furnished, and very clean. The hotel's location was perfect for us, a short walk from the main dinner options in Egg Harbor and an easy drive to reach Fish Creek and other Door County attractions in the mid- and upper-peninsula. We enjoyed coffee and muffins outside in the morning; great way to start a vacation day. But if you're looking for something more substantial for breakfast, there's a cafe about 100 yards down the road (we didn't go so I can't comment other than to say the parking lot was full on Sunday morning when we left). Best of all--a pool, whirlpool, and deck with no shrieking kids, great for a relaxing break.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We just returned from a 5 night stay at Ashbrooke. We stayed in a Grand Suite on the second floor. The rooms were spacious, very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. They provide free wifi, in-room coffee maker, and coffee and muffins in the lobby each morning. I have seen reviewers complaining about the muffins - it's not a "breakfast" folks, it's a muffin and coffee. For us, who are not big breakfast eaters, it was a perfect start to the morning and enabled us to avoid a stop to pick something up before getting our day started.

The best thing about this hotel is that it is Adults Only. It was very peaceful and quiet. The next best thing was the cleanliness and timely maid service. No coming back to an uncleaned room here.

There are no in-room safes, which I typically use if they are available, so that would be a suggestion for improvement to the owners. It would also be nice to have a throw available in the living room, since it's a nice place to cozy up.

The hotel is on the outskirts of town, about a 10 minute walk to restaurants and shops. This didn't bother us because we liked getting the exercise and it added to the tranquility of the place.

Yes, the decor is blonde wood and florals, so not "modern", but it's comfortable, clean, in new condition, and I don't live here, so who cares really?

For us though, the the town of Egg Harbor was just a little too slow, and didn't have the selection of dining and pub options that we prefer (with the exception of Parador, excellent, where we ate 4 out of 5 nights!) so next time we will probably stay in Fish Creek which has a little more action going on.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was our first time here and chose this place for several reasons: no kids running around was appealing to us, it was reasonably priced, a lot of other places were already booked! It was very quiet and the noise from the road wasn't even a factor. I had our patio door open a majority of the time we were in the room and there was never an issue even though we faced the highway. It was great to be able to go to the pool or hot tub and not be splashed by little kids-yes, I AM a parent, but sometimes it's nice to get away from it all! I don't feel it was expensive compared to many of the other places in Door County. It isn't on the water and the price reflects that. The room was big, the bed comfortable, and this was probably one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed. The pool, whirlpool and sauna were well maintained. They even have dvd players in the rooms and a great selection of movies that can be checked out at the front desk. The only negatives to our stay were that the decor is slightly outdated(lots of green and wine colors and silk flowers), and the breakfast offerings. We were there three nights and they had exactly the same donuts(french) and muffins(chocolate and cinnamon) every morning. Made me wonder if they had a big case of them somewhere...if they were getting them fresh every day a little variety would have been nice. As would a healthier option. Bottom line, we would stay again.

3  Thank L G
Reviewed 7 August 2013

this was our first stay at this hotel and found it very nice. a bit pricey so only stayed a few days. it was clean very quiet. had a room in front on first floor and even though the highway was there it was not noisy. some comments say it was "dated" but found it quite nice. had a wicker room with whirlpool which by the way DOES fit two people nicely. grounds were very nicely kept and enjoyed the gardens. and the best part....NO KIDS. have to laugh at some of the comments though, like "not near shopping" or "not on the water". so why did you stay??? we liked it and will be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bill C
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Beautiful rooms, beautiful grounds with great amenities. It is great to return to the room and find that it is cleaner than clean. Staff knows how to keep their guests happy. No children running up and down the hallways until after midnight, because children are not allowed. Everything is so close to here. Come and enjoy.

Room Tip: We had one of the suites. My spouse goes to bed earlier than I do and it worked out great.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort
Homestead Suites
Homestead Suites
#3 of 10 in Fish Creek

Been to The Ashbrooke? Share your experiences!