We stayed one night in the French Country Suite and decided to extend our stay but, due to availability, we moved to the Wicker Suite.
It's located on the highway, just outside of Egg Harbor. I suppose it is technically walking distance to town for most, but I wouldn't do it after dark on the road shoulder. It also isn't a very interesting hike. In my ideal world, it would either be closer to town or farther out and away from the highway. But that's my very, very minor preference.
The grounds are very neat and well kept and we couldn't resist enjoying a relaxing, pre-dinner cocktail (or two) outdoors in the Adirondack chairs. The highway noise is noticeable, but isn't a huge distraction. The deck off of the pool was nice and very popular. Like the rest of the property, the pool area was very clean and neat.
The first room was flawless, well appointed, very spacious, bright, comfortable, clean and, as advertised, romantic. We put the wet bar, whirlpool tub and fireplace to good use. The robes were a nice touch. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.
Our second room was similar but smaller, without a fireplace and not as bright. It was still very nice and comfortable. We faced the highway, but couldn't hear a thing from the road. It too, was flawless. After a day of hiking and sightseeing, though, the whirlpool served a more therapeutic purpose. Both rooms had a microwave and refrigerator neatly hidden in the cabinets. The TV's weren't HD, but we only had them on briefly to watch the news and weather.
The small workout room seemed adequate and a library/business center had a computer and wet bar. Each morning, the office had fresh muffins and coffee to supplement the in-room coffee maker.
It may cost a bit more than some other properties, we'd definitely recommend this to other couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Ashbrooke, "Just for the Two of You". Our renowned attention to detail and unyielding commitment to excellence prove everyday that quality, comfort and courteous hospitality still count. Your escape to The Ashbrooke will renew your faith in customer service, and your stay will be an unforgettable experience. Your search for a great getaway stops here at The Ashbrooke, located on the beautiful Door County peninsula, the best Wisconsin has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your The Ashbrooke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ashbrooke Hotel Egg Harbor
- Ashbrooke Egg Harbor
- Ashbrooke Hotel Egg Harbor
- The Ashbrooke Egg Harbor, Door County, WI