“Highway robbery”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Egg Harbor
Alpine Resort & Golf
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Egg Harbor
Cary
“Highway robbery”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I booked a 4 day stay for my daughter and I. Unfortunately 2 days before our stsyvwe had a family tragedy. I contacted Emily immediately to attempt to reserve another date instead and use my 50% deposit of $300. She would not work with me in any way. I reserved a cottage in group 7 Emily pointed out that all group 7 cottages were rented out the prior week. So I hoped that a refund would forthcoming. Two days into what would have been my stay Emily now stated that all 1 bedroom cottages needed to be rented out in order to process a refund. When I pointed out that she specifically had said group 7 cottages needed to be rented she stopped communicating with me. Only after I threatened to take it to my credit card company did she respond after 5 days. Good Lord stay away absolutely no scruples!

• Stayed September 2013
7 Thank Jennifer N

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I found this place nice to stay with family. Rooms were clean and cozy. When we arrived heater in one of the room was not working but staff came first in the morning and fixed it. The best part was, our cottage was next to lake facing to lake. Restaurant is nice and food was nice, staff was courteous enough. The resort has a small collection of antiques etc .. my son loved it.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PawanW
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

This place is the perfect throw back to the early days up both Wisconsin. We spent 3 days and included two rounds of 18 at their golf course, which everyone needs to play. If you are looking for some fancy hi-tech hotel complex this is not the place for you. If you want beautiful views, relaxation and a slower pace you will enjoy your stay as we did. We look forward to going back next year.

Room Tip: Leave your phone-tables-PC at home and grab a chair on the deck.
1 Thank Chris0249
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

This property is right out of the past and that's a good thing. The grounds are well kept. It is right on the lake. The help are friendly and the service prompt. It is like walking into the past and enjoying what our parents must have loved. If you are coming to Door County this is a great place to visit.

Room Tip: You will not go wrong at this place.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Will3642
Duluth, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

this is by far the worst place ever, the smell of the room made me feel nauseated, I could not wait to leave. The furniture should not even be in a garage sale labeled junk. The linen was old, probably from 1960. The grounds were not well manicured. I would have rather slept in my car.
Save your money, don't stay here, look for another place.

6 Thank Lisa W

Travellers are raving about these Egg Harbor hotels

Madison
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at your resort in July. It was a wonderful time. Thank you and your family for preserving this place for all of these years. It's such a great location with a rich history. In our travels we appreciate these gems and the opportunity to connect with the past. If only for a few days. I know some people don't get that. It's easy to find a Holiday Inn next to a shopping mall. Or a condo connected to a water park and banquet center. But for those of us who want to slow down and smell the roses, the Alpine is perfect. We loved it. This is what DC is about. Thanks for the stay. We'll be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank swauna
Bridgeview, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We have been coming to Door County for over 30 years, but this is our first time at the Alpine. Our previous years were done camping in our trailer. Very good experience. All the staff were very pleasant & our room was clean & neat. Our room had a king bed & flat screen TV & full bath. The rate was only $89 + taxes. Wonderful peaceful setting along Green Bay. Nice to sit out on the porch or in lawn chairs to enjoy the sounds of the waves. WiFi not available in the room, but on the porch or lawn. Only 1 mile from Egg Harbor proper & 1 block from the public beach. A very nice stay. The resort is old & established, but not run down. Very well kept. We were here in September from the 9th to the 13th, so it was not crowded. Very quiet enjoyable stay.

2 Thank ANN K
#1 of 17 in Sister Bay
Homestead Suites
Homestead Suites
#2 of 10 in Fish Creek

Been to Alpine Resort & Golf? Share your experiences!