“Wonderful Retreat for All to Enjoy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Egg Harbor
Door County Cottages
Madison, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Retreat for All to Enjoy”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The Elise was the perfect getaway for us. The two bedrooms were very nice for us and our quests. The rooms were clean and ready for us. We loved the outdoor setting with the camp fire, outdoor grille and picnic table. We spent a numbers of the evenings enjoying the stars and peaceful setting. We also used the satellite radio feature with 6 speakers which was nice to have tune in to our favorite stations. The outdoor flowers around the Elise/Elena were wonderful to enjoy. We looking forward to our next visit this fall. The beach in Egg Harbor is also quiet nice. Also, we would recommend the Birch Creek concerts series just outside Egg Harbor. The Jazz I concert was Outstanding. There are plenty of activities in Egg Harbor and Fish Creek to enjoy.

Room Tip: Recommend the Elise cabin. Quiet and spacious. Loved the outdoor setting.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 563dang563
Dale L, Manager at Door County Cottages, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thanks for the review and returning to Door County Cottages we hope to see you soon!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed in the "Lodge" for our 13th annual reunion. We had nine adults and could have easily had many more. The kitchen/living area with breakfast room was very spacious and accomodating. Sirius radio throughout was a nice touch. Previous comment were correct about the tub/shower leaking and kitchen appliances could have used a good scrubbing. We also experienced seepage in the basement bedroom. Although it usually does not get warm in that region, we had exceptionally warm weather and although they had a few AC (not central) units on the main floor, the basement came with only one rolling AC unit to cool an area of about 1500 sq ft. Also be warned-if you have ATT as your cell provider there is NO coverage at the cottages, also no land line phone which made me a little nervous.

That being said, we had a great time and the cabin was great for a retreat. Lots of room. Great for a few families to share.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cathy H
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I should have trusted my instincts when I was dealing with Dale on the phone. He is rude and stand-off ish. Couldn't hardly be bothered to answer questions and was all about getting me to the website and sending him his deposit. His attitude did not change after he got his money. Once we arrived I quickly figured out we had probably made a mistake. The beds were old/uncomfortable and I don't think the linens were washed. The dishes were for sure not washed and covered with grease, old eggs, assorted other filth. The entire space was filthy. the shower/hot tub combination leaked water all over the floor when you used it. Not just little drips, we are talking a good half gallon here. I did get to teach my kids something about constuction however, as the unfinished wall in the dining area gave us a great view of how buildings are built. The dead fish floating in the aquarium were a nice touch as well. The space was as large as advertised but all the ameneties were clearly the cheapest crap he could find or garbage pick. This place knows how to charge but you get no value for the money. They seem cool on paper but I'm sorry I got lured in. I suspect the owner of this place is a tightwad as just a little more expenditure on furniture, dishes, cleaning, etc could make this the upscale place that he tries to pass it off as. The "tips appreciated" envelope for the cleaning staff must have been intended as a joke. I might have thought to leave a tip but as I don't believe there actually is a cleaning staff I figured why bother.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank CrapEplace
We are so sorry about that, that is not acceptable on our part and will never happen again. Our cleaning crew works hard to make sure our cottages have a professional clean. We are so sorry for the inconvenience and hope you could give us another chance.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Dale, didn't know how this vacation would go, for this was our first trip behave taken with our newly adopted dog . However, it could not have worked out any better ! We all loved the privacy your cabins provide. And we couldn't have been more comfortable . We enjoyed the walking trails and our dog harmony truly happy . We will be back for we couldn't imagine a better fit for our family in all door county!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This place was just fantastic! It was beautiful, tranquil, and just what we needed! Cant wait to return! Thank you

Also, the Sirius Radio is AWESOME!

This place is the BEST!!

Room Tip: We Stayed in the Elise cottage and we loved it
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Livingston, Montana
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We very peaceful relaxing stay at the Lincoln cottage. I was impressed with the construction of the property, how sound, well thought out it was. From the layout of all the homes on the property they each had their own private, unique selcluded way of inviting you in. Beautiful to be in the woods without any sounds other than the wind. I found the inside very cozy, comfortable, and clean. I was very happy that I followed my intuition and selected Door County Cottages for our vacation. I would highly recommend the stay to anyone.....

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank keetoo_12
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 March 2012

What a beautiful setting! Quiet, peaceful, picturesque, we will be back for sure. The sun room was where we stayed the most. You could literally touch the trees from the windows, thats how neat it was! The hot tub was awesome with some eucalyptus epsom salt thrown in the mix. The stereo system surround sound was playing some great songs as we entered in the evening on our first night, Dale had the place all ready for our visit...I could tell he understood our need for relaxation thats all I can say! Thanks for a GREAT weekend!

Room Tip: The Gretna is awesome!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort
Edgewater Resort
Edgewater Resort
#2 of 8 in Ephraim

Been to Door County Cottages? Share your experiences!