“Fantastic view, but service needs to be improved”
Review of Bay Point Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Egg Harbor
Bay Point Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Egg Harbor B&B and Inns
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Fantastic view, but service needs to be improved”
Reviewed 10 May 2011

The view from our room was fabulous. The room overall is great with modern kitchen, comfortable bed, couch, TV, furniture, and balcony. However, the water pressure of the shower was too low though, making taking a shower not so much a pleasant experience. The tub was also a bit clogged. The video library is not up to date with only a few DVD available.

What made us really disappointing is the service. The staff that helped us checked in told us that because we're the only guests for that night, the said buffet breakfast is not provided, instead, she gave us a menu to order drinks and entrees so that they will make for us and deliver to our room at the desinated time. The menu instruction stated that each guest can only order 2 drinks and 1 entree. Because we thought we should not be punished by the fact that there are only two of us and the variety of the breakfast is suffered, I asked the staff to see if we can order more for free. She said we can order whatever we want at any quantity. Therefore, we did order more than what was instructed on the menu (but not overly) . In the morning, what we ordered was delivered, which is good. However, for the second morning, we're specifically required to only order 2 drinks and 1 entree for each person'; if we order more, they will charge to our account. We just did not like the inconsistency. The buffet breakfast is supposed to be ALL YOU CAN EAT, but today it is just because we're the only guests, so we could only order a limited amount of food. On the third day, when we checked out, it was the owner that is checking out for us. My husband asked him if anything other than the room rate was charged, and he did say yes, the food. If my husband did not bring up the question, we will not know that he charged the food we ordered for the first morning which is promised by his staff to be free. Although after our complaint, the owner did remove the charge, we still did not fee comfortable about this.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hsuxx064
Myles D, Owner at Bay Point Inn, responded to this review, 8 August 2016
Hello there,

We pride ourselves on personal service and do our best to meet every request, so please accept our apologies if your experience was not up to standard. In the off-season, we simply can't provide a full breakfast buffet on mornings when we only have one guest, as it would create a lot of wasted food. Instead we offer alternatives, such as breakfast in your suite, catered to your requests. In this case it seems that myself or another member of the staff mistakenly billed you for the service, and I'm glad you caught it and we were able to rectify the situation.

I hope you had a wonderful stay regardless and were able to take advantage of the view, the suite, and our other amenities, and we hope to see you again in Door County!

Best,
Myles Dannhausen
Owner, Innkeeper

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Richfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 May 2010

My husband and I spent three wonderful nights in the Tree House Villa. It was an outstanding place to spend three much needed nights away from the reality of work, kids and other daily responsibilities. We adored the view out of every window, and the other amenities such as the triple head shower, the air-powered whirlpool, the super comfy bed loaded with down pillows and comforter and kitchen made it the perfect romantic getaway that we needed. I only wish we could have stayed longer...... Fantastic staff that caters to every need - we requested a fan and they let us borrow one from their own home! And it is great that they have a supply of wine on hand. The breakfast each morning is great, too! I could go on and on. I have nothing but great things to say about this stay. I would highly recommend it to any couple looking for a romantic retreat. Thank you for the wonderful experience!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Theresa511
Neenah, WI
Reviewed 23 December 2009

My wife and I now make it a tradition to stay at this hotel every year. The room views are excellent, with a beautiful look over the bay. We love the fact that breakfast is provided in the morning, and the waffles (homemade) are AMAZING. It is such a quiet, quaint place to stay and the staff there really cater to your needs. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside it is cozy, comfortable and very nice. Our room had a fireplace and upgraded furnishings - for being an older building, it is very well maintained.

PS - The bed and pillows are SO comfortable...something you'd find at a luxury hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Baltimore
Reviewed 15 December 2009

Just returned from a 5-night stay at Bay Point Inn. The rooms are a perfect combination of a luxury hotel and a summer beach house…the perfect place to stay for a vacation with grandparents and a toddler. The room and the atmosphere was romantic and relaxing but with great amenities for all of us. The king-size bed was one of the most comfortable we’ve slept on with a big down c omforter, soft sheets and perfect-size down pillows. The kitchen was complete with everything we needed to prepare meals. Taking a toddler out for dining can be a bit challenging so we decided to stay in a couple of nights. One night we grilled some great beef tenderloin that we picked up from the nearby Main Street market. They had very impressive selection of meat, wines, beer.

The views of the harbor and the sunsets are incredible. On Sunday we had planned to check out the local Door County Christmas events, but we couldn’t manage to extricate ourselves from our room. We didn’t even need to leave the warmth of the fireplace to take in the view of the gorgeous sunset of over the harbor.

The stay included a daily breakfast. Our 2 ½ year old daughter absolutely loved the blueberry scones and the big, Belgium waffles. The hotel lobby had all of extras we needed during our stay - snacks, drinks and an extra added bonus..wine.

Bay Point is close to everything. We dined out a couple of times and cooked in the room other nights. It was a short drive north to fish creek to pick-up lunch at the Fish Creek Market. We also discovered some of the best coffee we’ve ever had at the Blue Horse café. Northern Grill was very kid-friendly - the waitress greeted us with a bucket of toys for our toddler. The menu had something for everyone from pizza to steak.

The service was top-notch. The innkeeper provided us with movies for our toddler, looked up schedules for all of the local events, and helped us find restaurants.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank baltimoretraveler52
Mayville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 March 2009

My husband and I stayed in the romantic villa this weekend, and it was a wonderful place to relax and unwind. The room we stayed in was beautiful - clean, white linen, tasteful decorations with a corner fireplace, whirlpool in bath with a shower stall, and we had a full kitchen - fridge, microwave, oven and dishwasher.

The bay view is amazing - breathtaking, and I would like to see it in the summer. The room rate was okay - I would have expected a bit less, especially in the off season. However, the roman bath and whirlpool, continential breakfast, location, and great service was the reasons why I justified the added cost. While we were not in the room during the day, it was nice to be with my husband on the couch watching a movie without any children running underfoot.

The property was very well run and managed, and this is a great opportunity to shut down from the normal, hectic life, just enjoy each other and experience the Door County charm. The location was very close to the Pennisula Players theatre and great resturants in the area. I will definitely come back here again. We had a wonderful time!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Madison, WI
Reviewed 24 February 2009

We loved everything about the Bay Point Inn! It truly is the perfect place to relax and unwind. The owner was great and even gave us a free bottle of wine. The view is worth every penny and some! The rest of the room was equally impressive. This will be our place to stay from now on!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
chicago, illinois
Reviewed 14 October 2008

The view from our room was absolutely astounding. But it was not worth the price we paid. I booked this hotel after a friend recommended it. I contacted the hotel directly and was quoted a rate that was pretty high, but it was a holiday weekend at the peak of fall color. The person I spoke with gave me a confirmation number and said she would send an email confirmation. That is when I made my first mistake--I didn't get her name. No email confirmation came, and that was when I made my second mistake--I didn't call them back to get it, just assumed since I had a confirmation number that things were ok. After driving over six hours to get there, we checked in. We were tired and hungry. We were given a sheet of paper to sign that had the total fee for the stay. We didn't get our own copy, but the price seemed to be more than I had thought it would be. Doing the math, it appeared that the charge was for more than the room rate I had been quoted over the phone. The following morning, I spoke with Julie who assured me that if I had been quoted one rate, that is what we would be charged. She told me she would adjust the rate and slip a copy of the new charges under our door. That was mistake number three--when it didn't arrive, I didn't speak with her again. So I guess the fault was mine--for believing that I was dealing with people whose word was to be trusted. When we checked out, Julie was not working. The owner refused to adjust our charges. I was told that I had recieved an email, I had signed a sheet and that I was responsible for a rate that was $30/night more than what I had expected. This might have been ok if the room was as upscale as it was advertised in their website. It was not! The carpeting had stains; there was mold in the shower; toiletries were never replaced; the linens were lumpy and ill fitting; the tv was tiny; and it was obviously constructed poorly. But it had a nice view. And really nice, thick towels. Would you be willing to pay $249 a night for towels and a view?

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — The shower
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank missmycats
#3 of 10 in Fish Creek
Country House Resort
Country House Resort
#1 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Bay Point Inn? Share your experiences!