“Beautiful & romantic place to get away from normal life”
Review of Bay Point Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Egg Harbor
Bay Point Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Egg Harbor B&B and Inns
Mayville, Wisconsin
“Beautiful & romantic place to get away from normal life”
Reviewed 30 March 2009

My husband and I stayed in the romantic villa this weekend, and it was a wonderful place to relax and unwind. The room we stayed in was beautiful - clean, white linen, tasteful decorations with a corner fireplace, whirlpool in bath with a shower stall, and we had a full kitchen - fridge, microwave, oven and dishwasher.

The bay view is amazing - breathtaking, and I would like to see it in the summer. The room rate was okay - I would have expected a bit less, especially in the off season. However, the roman bath and whirlpool, continential breakfast, location, and great service was the reasons why I justified the added cost. While we were not in the room during the day, it was nice to be with my husband on the couch watching a movie without any children running underfoot.

The property was very well run and managed, and this is a great opportunity to shut down from the normal, hectic life, just enjoy each other and experience the Door County charm. The location was very close to the Pennisula Players theatre and great resturants in the area. I will definitely come back here again. We had a wonderful time!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Madison, WI
Reviewed 24 February 2009

We loved everything about the Bay Point Inn! It truly is the perfect place to relax and unwind. The owner was great and even gave us a free bottle of wine. The view is worth every penny and some! The rest of the room was equally impressive. This will be our place to stay from now on!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
chicago, illinois
Reviewed 14 October 2008

The view from our room was absolutely astounding. But it was not worth the price we paid. I booked this hotel after a friend recommended it. I contacted the hotel directly and was quoted a rate that was pretty high, but it was a holiday weekend at the peak of fall color. The person I spoke with gave me a confirmation number and said she would send an email confirmation. That is when I made my first mistake--I didn't get her name. No email confirmation came, and that was when I made my second mistake--I didn't call them back to get it, just assumed since I had a confirmation number that things were ok. After driving over six hours to get there, we checked in. We were tired and hungry. We were given a sheet of paper to sign that had the total fee for the stay. We didn't get our own copy, but the price seemed to be more than I had thought it would be. Doing the math, it appeared that the charge was for more than the room rate I had been quoted over the phone. The following morning, I spoke with Julie who assured me that if I had been quoted one rate, that is what we would be charged. She told me she would adjust the rate and slip a copy of the new charges under our door. That was mistake number three--when it didn't arrive, I didn't speak with her again. So I guess the fault was mine--for believing that I was dealing with people whose word was to be trusted. When we checked out, Julie was not working. The owner refused to adjust our charges. I was told that I had recieved an email, I had signed a sheet and that I was responsible for a rate that was $30/night more than what I had expected. This might have been ok if the room was as upscale as it was advertised in their website. It was not! The carpeting had stains; there was mold in the shower; toiletries were never replaced; the linens were lumpy and ill fitting; the tv was tiny; and it was obviously constructed poorly. But it had a nice view. And really nice, thick towels. Would you be willing to pay $249 a night for towels and a view?

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — The shower
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank missmycats
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed 2 September 2008

Room Quality:
-very clean and modern
-kitchen had new appliances

Location:
-this hotel does not offer easy walking access to the lake
-view over the bluff towards the lake is spectacular

-pool was small but clean
-great view of the lake from the pool
-breakfast comprised of "slim pickings", but fresh and tasty
-many cable tv channels; used the DVD player several times

Stayed August 2008
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2008

Great little place on the north edge of "downtown" Egg Harbor. (Easy walking distance to most Egg Harbor shops and restaurants.) Although not on the water per se, it's on a bluff overlooking the harbor, offering a beautiful, unobstructed view of the sunset. We stayed in a "Romantic Villa," and it was just the right size for two adults over a four-night stay. The bed was very comfortable, but you might want to bring your own pillows if you're sensitive about those things. The TV was a little small, and the remote didn't work the best, but other than that, no complaints. Bay Point also offers a free breakfast buffet, featuring tasty waffles you make yourself. My wife and I love Egg Harbor, and we'll definitely make Bay Point our go-to spot next time.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — tv remote
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
chicago
Reviewed 13 September 2006

We stayed with another couple at the Bay Point Inn over labor day weekend and were impressed overall. If you stay there make sure you get a water view, as it is truly stunning and this is the what makes the price worthwhile. Our suite was nicely furnished with bay windows providing a postcard view of the bay You definitely get the Cape Cod feel.
Pool is a bit small but no one was using it so we rather enjoyed it. The service was excellent, as was the breakfast with waffle maker, fruits and good coffee.

• Liked — Views, bed, breakfast
  • Disliked — they are due for changing the carpets. Nothing terrible but that is about it.
  • Tips/Secrets — Try out the 18-hole golf course nearby-book a late afternoon round and you'll fly.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
#2 of 10 in Fish Creek
Country House Resort
Country House Resort
#1 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Bay Point Inn? Share your experiences!