“Idyllic setting, beautiful art!”

Plum Bottom Pottery & Gallery
Ranked #11 of 27 things to do in Egg Harbor
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Residing on 20 acres in the heart of Door County, Plum Bottom Pottery & Gallery is known throughout the region for offering an excellent and contemporary selection of jewelry and art from over 50 nationally collected artists. This Door County art destination offers stunning perennial art gardens and 10 acres of expansive butterfly gardens. The gallery also offers visitors a first look at the newest creations of resident porcelain artist Chad Luberger and resident jewelry artist Angela Olson Luberger. Come to Plum Bottom and Experience Art, Finely Crafted. Look for the yellow flags!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access
Fish Creek, Wisconsin
“Idyllic setting, beautiful art!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I stopped by Plum Bottom Pottery while on a trip to Door County last year. We were greeted by the owner who was friendly and happy to chat. The grounds are lovely and ideal for children to pass the time while mom and dad shop! The pottery is beautiful and reasonably priced. We ended up picking a vase as a present for a friend and will certainly return for something for ourselves! All in all a great experience. I also believe that they have a rental property on the grounds. We haven't seen it but the location is ideal. We highly recommend Plum Bottom Pottery!

Visited June 2013
Chad L, Owner at Plum Bottom Pottery & Gallery, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
I'm happy you enjoyed your visit to Plum Bottom. This year we have expanded the gallery adding a number of nationally collected artists as well as doubling our size! I've also been working on some new glazes for my porcelain pottery. We hope to see you again soon.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful art in a beautiful location”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I first met Chad at Plum Bottom my first summer working in Door County (2007). I was using my days off to explore all of the galleries on the peninsula (there are a LOT), and when I stopped in to Plum Bottom Pottery and fell in love.

Chad Luberger's vessels and mugs and bowls are a breath of fresh air with their bright colors and unique shapes. Chad also shows and sells the work of other regional artists, and has curated a beautiful collection of pieces on sale. The grounds outside of the gallery are beautiful and restful, as well as showing off some of the heartier pieces that are for sale. On top of all that, Chad is a wonderful person and great to talk to. He isn't behind the counter as much anymore in the summers, but my husband and I always make a point of stopping in whenever we are in the area.

We've now purchased quite a few pieces from Plum Bottom for us and as gifts for others, and they are always admired and complimented.

If you are in Door County, take a detour off of 57 or 42 and stop in to this beautiful place, and take a piece home with you!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Adina W
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“This small gallery has big impact”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

In an area where "cute and crafty" is a genre, this particular gallery houses a collection of fine-craft artisans including functional and art ceramic pieces, sculpture, hand-hammered silversmithed jewelry, abstract & representational paintings, and woodblock prints. Despite the diversity in media, the curation is excellent as each piece looks as if it belongs as part of the whole. The grounds offer beauty as well. It is located in a forest with a landscaped sculpture garden complete with a small fountain and pond. It is worth the drive just South of Egg Harbor in Wisconsin.

Visited April 2014