We were just there for a convention this weekend. We had a 2-room HC Accessible suite, rooms 411A and 411B. The rooms are very beautiful and more than spacious! We had a kitchenette, a pantry with basic plates and utensils and pots and pans. A dining table for 4, a couch and 2 chairs and a fireplace! The bedroom had a wardrobe with a TV in it but you can't open one side all the way because the door to the wardrobe and the bathroom door get in the way of each other. I think if they moved the wardrobe 6 inches to the left, that would solve that.
There was plenty of room to drive my scooter in the kitchenette, living room and even the bedroom and bathroom! There is a large area next to the toilet for parking a wheelchair or scooter. The shower is a very nice zero barrier shower with nice adaptable fixtures, and there is also a whirlpool tub with HC bars on all sides for easy in/easy out! You can pull a wheelchair right under the bathroom sink, which is a great feature. One thing I always recommend that hotels change in handicapped rooms is that they had glass glasses in the bathroom with tile floors. Glass is not a good option for many handicapped people because we frequently have trouble holding onto things. I would change that to a nice looking plastic glass, just to avoid problems.
HANDICAPPED TRAVELS NOTE: 411B appeared to have a regular height bed but 411A (these are adjoining rooms) had a VERY high bed. I'm 5'10" and had to have help climbing in! If you have difficulties with this, take this into consideration. I estimate it was about 30 inches from the floor!
Everything was extremely clean. There are a couple of minor cosmetic areas that need touching up such as dings in furniture, but every hotel has this and they seem to do a pretty good job of dealing with the details.
Our wing had 2 elevators, one on either end. However, they are small elevators and the doors close VERY FAST, so be prepared to move! Twice I missed the elevator because I had to back up to let people out and I couldn't get to the door before it closed.
Employees are great and were really helpful. When we checked in we had a minor housekeeping issue (coffee grounds spilled in the mini fridge) but they were there 10 minutes after we called and had it cleaned up perfectly.
All in all I LOVED this hotel and would love to go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Osthoff Resort, in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort located on 500 ft of recreational lakefront. Offering a casual atmosphere within its elegant surroundings, The Osthoff Resort provides a romantic getaway for couples, while year-round indoor and outdoor activities, provide a family with many opportunities to enjoy spending time together. Our conference center offers spacious and well-appointed ballrooms and meeting rooms to assist in the productivity of retreats and conferences for our group guests. A host of seasonal getaway packages are available providing guests varying options for a holiday vacation. Whether spring, summer, fall or winter – The Osthoff Resort is your place in the lake.™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Osthoff Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Osthoff Resort Elkhart Lake
- Osthoff Hotel Elkhart Lake