“Wow, what a wonderful surprise!”
Review of Lake Street Cafe

Lake Street Cafe
Ranked #8 of 22 Restaurants in Elkhart Lake
Price range: US$8 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were in Elkhart Lake at Road America doing some testing and never before have we enjoyed such wonderful food near a race track! The servers were outstanding and fun, Amy and Sweet Melissa. The food was innovative, smartly presented, and very flavorful. The dessert menu was equally as good with a nice variety. The restaurant itself was a throwback to a Norman Rockwell painting and old Americana.

Lake Street Cafe is worth the trip even if you're not a racer. We''ll see you later this year.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Good food and rating would probably be higher but extremely disturbed that waitress kept asking my KIDS if they wanted refills on their sodas. The waitress should have mentioned that refills were NOT free. $12 for two kids drinking soda (with mostly ice) is ridiculous!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I was walking from the Osthoff and checking out the town. I am so pleased that I walked into this restaurant. The food was very good, nice atmosphere and great service. If I am ever in town again I will definitely return

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This local bar and restaurant does a respectable food business. There is a standard menu, with pizzas, sandwiches, soups, salads, entrees, etc.. This menu includes a very diverse array of salads, soups and sandwiches. The specials sheets add an even greater dimension to an already impressive offering. I had a lobster bisque that would have done any native Mainer proud. Being one, and being a fair cook as well, I can assure you that they know what they're doing in that kitchen.
This is a place to go if you have need of eclectic food offerings. It will always be at the head of my list for Elkhart Lake.

1  Thank SeaStock
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

The chicken peanut soup was wonderful. They will split their large entrée salads and pair that with a cup of soup for a perfect lunch