“You Have to Love this Place”
Review of Off the Rail Cafe

Off the Rail Cafe
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Elkhart Lake
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Off The Rail is a cozy breakfast/lunch restaurant located in the heart of Elkhart Lake. We offer fresh, made-to-order, hand-crafted sandwiches and soups as well as coffee, beer and wine. Family run and a fun vibrant atmosphere will have you feeling right at home in this historical building. Custom Free Wi-Fi available.
Reviewed 23 October 2013

If you’re feeling groggy and grumpy on a chilly morning in Elkhart Lake, Off the Rail Cafe will cheer you up instantly. The Beatles were playing, the behind the counter service was cheerful, and the Latte was delicious. We had the Commuter Sandwich, which I thought could have used one more strip of bacon, but it was fresh and tasty and served with a smile. This is definitely a favorite spot -- the place seemed to be buzzing with regulars who knew each other, as well as the staff, on a first-name basis. I love to give my business to eateries that work hard to make it an enjoyable, worthwhile experience, even if it’s only a $10 meal. Thumbs up for Off the Rail.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This place is adorable and the service impeccable. We stopped in for breakfast after checking out of the Osthoff resort. Wide variety of coffee drinks and seasonal offerings! We ordered a pumpkin spice latte and mocha and both were fantastic. We also opted for the "commuter" sandwich (bacon/egg/cheese on sourdough) Very generously sized sandwiches appropriately priced at about $6. We grabbed a pumpkin cupcake to go as well! The place was clean and cute. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was visiting one of my clients and they took me here to grab a bit for lunch. There was a great selection for sandwiches and everything seemed really fresh. Nice little outside seating area - and I recall that there was fun train stuff for the kids (so would go back again - either with my client or if I was there with my kids!)

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Read about this little jem on TripAdvisor and had to check it out. The decor is adorable and their coffees are delicious! We were fortunate to be there while the Pumpkin latte was available. Excellent! We did arrive close to noon so they had stopped serving any egg options, so I had the salmon bagel and loved it!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great little cafe that you can bet I be going to again! Awesome sandwiches and top notch service! Can't wait to go back!!!