“Amazing massage, skip the nail salon”
Review of Aspira Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aspira Spa
Chicago, IL
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Amazing massage, skip the nail salon”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I had been at the Aspira spa 7 years ago and LOVED it. It is a beautiful facility with a lovely whirlpool lounge to relax in before or after treatments. This year I went again with a group of family members. It is still very much a beautiful spa, but I had a disappointing experience with my pedicure. It was, I may add, the most expensive pedicure I have ever gotten. The woman treating me was not very friendly - I tried to spark up conversation and only got one word answers. The massage chair was broken. The most disappointing part was the quality of the polish on my nails. It honestly looked terrible - my two year old could have done a better job. Two of the other women I was with also did not like the finished polish on their pedis or manis. It was pretty disappointing, and then I was told at check out that an 18% gratuity was automatically added on to my charge, which I don't think was deserved.

That aside, I also had an aromatic massage, which was phenomenal. The room was beautiful and warm. The chair adjusted mechanically which I have never seen before on a massage table. The technique and professionalism of my massage therapist, Jessica, was fantastic. At the beginning you also get to choose from 7 different aromas for the oil used. It was a great time of relaxation.

So in summary, this is a very nice spa, but I personally will skip nails next time.

Visited September 2013

Villa Park, Illinois
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Very relaxing environment”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Fantastic spa with great massage services! A great place to remove the stress of daily life and walk away feeling rejuvinated!! I had a shoulder problem when I arrived, gone when I left!!

Visited April 2013
Northwest Indiana
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“I expected a bit more”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

The spa facility was very nice. The locker room was as expected with full showers and all the amenities to go along with it. Robes could be updated as well as the slippers. The whirlpool was nice. There were two separate lounge areas, one for women and one for men. The whirlpool and sauna were shared. The meditation room was my favorite. Very quiet and relaxing. I had two services. First was the Chamomile Lavender body scrub, 50 minutes. I was disappointed. The service stared out with a dry exfoliation with a loofa. It was basically one swipe down each arm and leg. Then the chamomile lavender mixture was applied. You are then instructed to shower off for 10 minutes. Then a milk style lotion was applied. This service was supposed to be 50 minutes. I felt like I was done in 20. With 10 of that spent in the shower. I have had much better execution for similar service elsewhere. I could have done better at home. Next was the 50 minute Moroccan Hot Oil massage. This was slightly better. I will say that I would have been better prepared if I read the description a bit better. The oil was very nicely scented with Jasmine. The temp of the oil was good as well. I was prepared for a full out massage, what I got was just a lot of swishing and swirling. The technician did say when we started that it would be lite pressure and the motion was supposed to represent water flowing over you. I like to be sore after a massage with all my kinks and knots worked out. I guess I should have read the description better. This service is good for a beginner to massage. Overall the facility is nice. I would opt for different services next time.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank BandBCuties
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Almost Perfect!”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The spa is fantastic. The staff is so nice and the service providers are top-notch. The atmosphere in the spa was pleasant though not totally relaxing. Lots of chatter with the other ladies there made it hard to really relax. The meditation room is BEAUTIFUL and would be a perfect retreat from the chatter if it weren't open to the main hallway in the spa.

There is definitely no shortage of services to pick from. I would highly recommend taking a yoga class or Reiki treatment with Hari-Om or a deep tissue massage with Serena. The Color Art facial was by far the most unique facial one could get. It was pricey, but it includes reflexology and well worth the price.

If you're staying at the resort, just be prepared for typical guest rooms. Except for a large tube the resort itself doesn't really cater to the spa client. Lots of little things are missing from the room that would really complete the spa get-away feel. Even with that being said, the resort staff is wonderful, the rooms were clean and the walls were very well insulated. I never heard a neighbor once when I was there and the resort was sold out!

For me personally the resort didn't wow me enough to return again, but I am definitely not disappointed with having tried them and I was very pleased with the spa.

Visited February 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A relaxing, wonderful day away for two tired professional moms”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I rarely take time or money to pamper myself. I have been to local salon "spas" twice in the past for a massage, but I've never been to a place like this: a destination spa. First you will notice the beautiful lakeside setting of the Osthoff resort. We drove around the back of the hotel to the private spa entrance. We were greated warmly by the desk staff and registered. The low light, spa music, and fine furnishings set the tone. We reserved our treatments by phone a week ahead of time when we made our reservation. We both had the hour long massage, spa lunch, and the mini facial. What a long, leisurely, restful, perfect day. The whole facility: gift shop, locker room, Kohler showers (ahhhh), meditation room, treatment rooms, indoor whirlpool, and private outdoor hot tub all lent themselves to the relaxing day. I loved everything about my massage and facial and the long, restful times in between. I even purchased some of the Emminence eye cream - a real splurge at $70. But what the heck, when the bill is over $200 already. The day was worth every penny. The staff treated us like queens. My friend and I have committed to doing our own version of "spa tour Wisconsin" after this amazing experience. We plan to travel to destination spas all over Wisconsin and try them all out. I have nothing but wonderful memories of the Aspira and a meaningful day of sisterhood bonding and conversation with my dear friend.

Visited October 2012