“Best Massage and Spa!”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Best Massage and Spa!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I came to the spa for an anniversary gift and very happy that we did. This was by far one of the best massages that we both have ever had!! We booked the 80 minute couples massage with the additional time and whirlpool. The massage room was so comfortable. It included a private bathroom, shower, whirlpool tub, fireplace and two massage tables. They even included a bottle of champagne to toast to our 3 years anniversary. We could have ordered additional snacks or drinks. When our massage was done we both said that it was the best ever! We can’t wait to go back again.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The Best Spa in WI”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The Aspira Spa is always clean, quiet, relaxing, has a wonderful scent, very soothing music, and highly trained therapists. I have been visiting for years and have never had a bad experience.

The staff is friendly and efficient, the facilities clean, well stocked with anything you could think of to need after a class or service (mouthwash, toothbrush with paste, hair styling gels, shampoo, body wash, etc.) They are never pretentious here. The whirlpools room is comfortable and the whirlpool huge. There is a meditation room, a café, a lounge with snacks, water, and tea, and a gift shop. We love it here. My favorite therapist is Serena. She is highly trained, friendly, and able to work around or with all my health issues.

Visited December 2013
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Very nice (and expensive) experience”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I entered the Aspira having never been to a spa before, so I was a little apprehensive about what to expect. There are a lot of sevices that are offered, so it makes it really hard to choose what you might like. In the end, I just picked something and added a facial.

They give little direction as to what to wear or where to go or what you can use. I was taken into a very nice, yet open women's changing room. There were moments of anxiety as I didn't know what to wear under my robe. My confusion continued when I went into the womens lounge but saw that there was a co-ed whirlpool and sauna that I couldn't use because they are obviously bathing suit areas.

Samantha was the girl who gave me my massage and she was amazing, funny, and eased my stress by explaining everything the front desk didn't. The woman who gave me my facial was great too.

The services weren't cheap and neither were the products they used, which I guess is expected. An 18% gratuity is automatically added.

On a last note, when I asked the front desk to write down the products recommended, I was shocked that they used a piece of scrap paper with someones personal information, including credit card number, on it. When I brought it to their attention, I was told that "all information is blacked out and for office use only" - yes, it made no sense! Nice to know I am not a criminal.

I will come again next year but bring my two-piece and cash.

1 Thank BenjiTriptaker
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Massage and a shower”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I could have stood in the shower for a whole day. 6 Kohler spouts melting away all my stress. My wife and I loved our full body couples massage. Professional, comfortable, and skilled. The locker room had it all including all miscellaneous items you can fathom. The only down sides were the robe and slippers, they could use an update.

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nothing to Write Home About...”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I visited for couples massage as part of a "couples getaway" package offered on their website (about $585 for a night at the Osthoff resort, couples massage, and $125 dining credit).

The spa itself is large and beautiful with friendly staff. However one of the things I noticed was that the cushions in the co-ed relaxation/hot tub room were old and stained. There was definitely some opportunity for updating throughout the spa.

Our massage therapists asked prior to the massage if we had any "areas to avoid" in terms of the massage and the only thing I mentioned was that I prefer not to have my face massaged. They said okay and we began our service. My therapist seemed to use hurried sloppy strokes instead of a slow relaxing technique. Also sure enough, she began massaging my face during the service. I could have spoken up but it happened so fast that my face was already covered in massage oil. Not a huge deal but a little irritating. My husband said his technician did not seem hurried and he enjoyed his massage. Granted I have had many more professional massages than he so I might be a little more picky.

The worst part of the experience was that when we went to the receptionist to "check out" of the spa they had no idea that our massages were paid for as part of a couples package (seems like the resort could make note of this since I told them when I made the spa appointment). We spent a good 20 minutes at the reception area hashing out the details of the charges since they had no clue about the getaway package. That's pretty annoying after a relaxing massage.

I would not return because I've had much better experiences for the same amount of money at other resorts.

2 Thank TR794