“Dirty”

Ranked #2 of 2 Elkhorn B&B and Inns
Decatur, Illinois
“Dirty”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I booked this room thinking it was a cheap clean mom n pop motel. The Reviews i read gave me this impression. I was WRONG. I opened the door and the smell was unbearable. Even if the room was clean I could not sleep in it because of the smell. But to further my disappointment the room was beyond dirty. The AC unit had wood around it that had mold on it. We have stayed in cheap mom n pop motels before and very satisfied but I could not stay here even for a night. Got my money back and left and went down the road to a clean, nice motel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Terri G

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Once again, it was a great service. Clean rooms. And affordable. Now they have Free WI-FI internet. It was great.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Linn75
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I been frequent customer of the motel for couple years now (6x/yr) and there is a reason I keep going back. The family that manages the motel are so nice and super friendly. The rooms are great considering the rates compared to the other hotels.

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank Linn75
x
Reviewed 24 July 2009

My husband and I wanted a place "just to sleep" because we would be "out and about" all during our stay. We were not looking for a pool or a spa or a breakfast buffet or Internet or "frills of any kind". What we were looking for was a convenient, clean, friendly, low-cost place. The Thomas Motel provided all that, and we will definitely stay there again and repeatedly. Also, we really appreciated the HUGE 24-hour grocer/deli/sundries store that is walking distance from the Thomas Motel (it's called "Frank's County Market") and there' also a Walgreen's at walking distance.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank K_Shaynie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkhorn
Hampton Inn Elkhorn Lake Geneva Area
Americinn Lodge & Suites Elkhorn
Lake Lawn Resort
Lake Lawn Resort
#1 of 7 in Delavan
The Crossroads Motel
The Crossroads Motel
#3 of 3 in Elkhorn

Been to Thomas Motel? Share your experiences!