“Very good stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Elkhorn
New Berlin
“Very good stay”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I would say this property was a very good stay for the price. It was a little more than I wanted to pay for a hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised. Another thing I noticed was I never once heard the neighbors, even though the hotel was sold out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Ryan E
ElkHotel, Front Office Manager at Americinn Lodge & Suites Elkhorn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thanks for the wonderful review, it is always nice to see that your guest enjoy our property and are experiencing the friendliness of the hotel staff. I see you were able to take advantage of a few of our amenities, we look forward to see you on your next trip.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lima, OH
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here for one night on June 19. Overall the hotel was acceptable and I would stay here again. Things I liked: obviously recently remodeled. If you look at the electrical switches and outlets you can tell that the hotel has been there a while. But the owner invested in a nice update; new floors, paint, furnishings, sinks. They have a first class deluxe breakfast similar to a Hampton Inn. Water pressure is good and the HVAC can be put on continuous fan to create white noise for sleeping. The bed was comfortable and the facility was very clean.

Things that could use some improvement: The desk clerk was unavailable at prime check-in time and I had to keep calling from the front desk. She was a novice but did not treat me rudely. Also, someone (desk clerk?) mopped the entry tile at prime check-in time (5:15 PM) and dragged a mop across the tile floor - just a single swipe. Why don't they do this before 3:00 PM check-in? The eating area was poorly lighted so it was difficult to season your food. I would suggest using salt & pepper shakers instead of to-go packets. The bathroom drop ceiling was starting to mildew on the support grids above the shower. This was one of few places that might have been overlooked in the remodel. Also, there was no shampoo in my room upon arrival. When I tried to connect to Wi-Fi it would not let me connect without agreeing to the terms and conditions, but I had to connect before I could read them, so they were meaningless.

Overall though, I was not dissatisfied. Value was good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
ElkHotel, Front Office Manager at Americinn Lodge & Suites Elkhorn, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. It is appreciated so we can better serve our guests. I've had maintenance look into the problem you reported with your room. The mopping is generally done midday. Its possible that there was a mess of some kind made that had to be cleaned. We are glad that your stay was otherwise comfortable and look forward to seeing you again soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Overall OK for the price... Hot breakfast eggs and sausage...yuch taste, texture, and cold. Tiny, kid size toilet, small bathroom. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, staff was friendly and attentative, nice tv, quiet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Hammond
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were in Elkhorn, WI area for an ultramarathon. This hotel was excellent and very accommodating. One member of our party was very allergic to pets. The hotel did a terrific job of making sure the rooms were as free as possible from any trace of pets. Breakfast was good with a decent selection of food.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Garry S
Clarendon Hills, Illinois
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is nice and clean. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast is decent. Southern Wisconsin is charming. We travel frequently with our two large, quiet, and friendly dogs and stay at pet friendly hotels (which this one is). When we arrived, the people working at the front desk didn't seem to thrilled to see our dogs. I didn't think the front desk staff was all that friendly in general. Also, it was a little pricey. Otherwise I would have given 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Catherine P
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you felt your pet wasn't welcome. We all are pets owners here and or 3rd shift clerk often brings her dog in to be our "night watchman" on the weekends. We hope that when you are next in the area we will see you again.
Milwaukee
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Remodeling of rooms looks very good and well coordinated. Staff at front desk was friendly and helpful. Inform guest in advance about construction being done. Noise on roof was awful. Breakfast was good, staff courteous, area very clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Shirleen G
Thank You for the feedback. We are sorry that you were bothered by our renovations. Our major renovations are now complete. We hope to see you again soon.
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is our 2nd time at this hotel and both have been great. We love the hot tub. The rooms are clean and have plenty of room. The breakfast is hot and tasty. The coffee is ready early - and is hot. We will stay here 3 or 4 more time this summer. it is out hotel when we are fishing in the area

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Mike_2213
Thank You for your kind remarks. We make every effort to be welcoming and are glad you had a nice stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkhorn
Comfort Suites Delavan - Lake Geneva Area
#6 of 15 in Lake Geneva
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
#11 of 15 in Lake Geneva

Been to Americinn Lodge & Suites Elkhorn? Share your experiences!