“Visit to Williams Bay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Elkhorn
Forest Park
“Visit to Williams Bay”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Between Elkhorn and Williams Bay. Site is a little hard to see from the road; set- in facility. We loved the whirlpool in the room. Flavored coffee creamer and flavorings was a plus for morning coffee.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank D G
ElkHotel, Front Office Manager at Americinn Lodge & Suites Elkhorn, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. The whirlpool rooms are a big hit. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mount Gambier
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at this property as part of a convention booking. The staff were quite good and our room was up to proper standards, except for the annoying down lighting and lamps which are no help to man nor beast! There is a swimming pool which we dabbled in and while not at luxurious resort standards, was a pleasant diversion. There is a coin operated guest laundry which was helpful as we were travelling for several weeks rather than days.
My main gripe is the breakfast - scrambled eggs were just awful and many in our party wouldn't eat them after the first mouthful. I have seen worse breakfast offerings, but this buffet just doesn't dazzle and we ended up going out to a nearby diner for breakfast. It would take only a little more effort to make the breakfasts on offer to acceptable level. Having travelled to many international locations, you would only think this was a decent breakfast if you had not moved outside the US - I don't mean to be offensive but there's a whole world of good foods which just aren't commonly seen in USA.
I would choose to stay at another property if I return to Elkhorn, on the basis that the breakfast was not good enough and there are other alternatives available.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank You for your comments. It is always good to receive feedback. I'm sorry that your party didn't enjoy the breakfast. We do try to offer a variety that way if one item isn't to a guests taste they have other options.
It sounds like the rest of your stay was positive & We do hope to see you again.
Stevens Point
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I had the pleasure of a two day stay at this hotel recently. I have stayed here in the past and was delighted to see that the hotel has been recently renovated. The room was spacious, quiet and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. I look forward to staying there again.

1 Thank Maureen P
I'm so glad you enjoyed the renovations and it's always great to hear kind words about the staff. Thank you for staying & we hope to see you again soon.
Muscoda
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had hard beds,small ackward pillows, no lights that work near the bed, air conditioner did not work-room real humid--and stepped on bug near swimming pool. over priced at $170 a night!Like to be refunded part of our money!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Jennie B
Thank You for your comments. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We just finished a major renovation project, so your comments are rather surprising. I do hope that you spoke to the front desk during your stay about the issues with your room so they could be addressed by maintenance. I assure you, none of the things you mentioned are commonplace here.
Again I apologize that you weren't satisfied with your accomodations and I do hope you will consider giving us another try.
Willowbrook
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I were both very pleased with our room The bed was super comfy. The service was excellent and so was the breakfast. We wil come again if we are in the area. Also, the hotel is located right off the expressway which makes it very easy to access other points of interest and easy to find for first timers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Beverly G
Thank You for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Houston Tx
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I selected this because it appeared the rooms were nice and the rate was decent, roughly 2/3 of Hampton Inn, my standard. The rooms were quite a bit better than anything at any Hampton Inn I've stayed at, and I've stayed at dozens. I looked at the pool area and exercise room, didn't have time to use them, but they looked clean. The breakfast was OK, clean and well prepared, not super exciting but mostly edible. Only complaint was they had no juice or oatmeal that wasn't saturated with processed sugar. I like my oatmeal but won't eat it with sugar.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

ElkHotel, Front Office Manager at Americinn Lodge & Suites Elkhorn, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank You so much for the excellent review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Haysville
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Breakfast was not the best I have had but was not too bad. Was hot, and available even late in the morning. Staff also helped me locate a lost item I'd left behind after I had checked out, and is shipping the item to me. Very thankful for their help and am anxiously waiting for its arrival.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Christy P
Thank you for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope your package made it to you quickly.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkhorn
Comfort Suites Delavan - Lake Geneva Area
#6 of 15 in Lake Geneva
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
#11 of 15 in Lake Geneva

Been to Americinn Lodge & Suites Elkhorn? Share your experiences!