“Great, fun place to ski”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Alpine Valley Resort
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Had a great time here .. the skiing is fun. Not as good as some of the larger slopes/resorts around but still a lot of fun.

Very cute, cozy cabins and lodges as well. DEfinitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Aftab T

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I went skiing here for the first time. The employees during the ski lift purchase and rental process were friendly. The ski lift operator for the bunny hill was extremely nice, the only reason I would give this place any positive review was because of him, if I could rate him separately I would give him 5 stars! The ski lift operators on the beginners slope were so unfriendly it was ridiculous. It was my first time skiing, so I thought when getting on the lift they would offer a bit of direction, heck at least say hello. They just stood there and stared. The second time I took the lift one of the employees was standing there on his cell phone not even looking at the patrons and the second employee was smoking. I have never been anywhere that it is acceptable for an employee to smoke around customers, outside or not. Since I have asthma and do not appreciate cigarette smoke, this could not have made me more angry. I know many of the other customers were on the slopes smoking which is bad enough but to have one of your own employees doing it is just appalling. I will never go back to this place and waste my money.

2  Thank DeniKS
Reviewed 28 November 2013

FOr the avid individual of beginner to middle skiing this is not a bad option for the location. The advanced individual will not be challenged but skiing is skiing right? The lodge needs some work and the place is jsut not what it was at one point. The service is good as is the food but many other lodges close that are far better.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

good food, great atmosphere,friendly staff! good place for beginner snow boarder or skier. Although I have never stayed overnight the lodge is convenient and looks cute..old Bavarian/Swiss style.

1  Thank Mary W
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Well it's not quite the same as skiing a mountain. It is probably some of the best skiing near Chicago. Any excuse to enjoy a day of skiing always makes me happy and this place delivers. Nice drive through rural Wisconsin is also enjoyable.

Been to Alpine Valley Resort? Share your experiences!