“Best breakfast in Ephraim”
Review of Chef's Hat Cafe

Chef's Hat Cafe
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Ephraim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Saint James, Missouri
“Best breakfast in Ephraim”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

A really nice, diverse breakfast menu, not just "eggs, meat, and toast." Service was fast, friendly, and very helpful with accommodating dietary restrictions. Food was wonderful, and the view from the outdoor seating was great.

The southwest omelette was huge, the house-made granola with yogurt and fresh fruit was amazingly good. And the coffee was great!

We really wanted to go back for dinner, but just ran out of time on this trip. Next time, for sure!

Eagle WI
“Great Surprise!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

So we were in Ephraim and needed to have lunch. So we stopped at the old Post Office restaurant to find it was closed for lunch. Peak of the season/closed for lunch. Go figure. So we saw the Chef's Hat Cafe and decided to give it a try. I had the best food of the trip. Decided to have the special salad with lemon vinaigrette and blackened tuna. I thought I was in Hawaii. The tuna was perfectly blackened and the salad & dressing was superb. We also shared a bowl of the pumpkin pear soup which was amazing. My wife had the turkey BLT with avocado and horseradish sauce that was unique and excellent. This was very close to the best food of the trip. I told the waiter that my salad was better than my porterhouse the night before. This is a REAL find in Ephraim. I will be back!

• Visited August 2014
Chicago, IL
“Good Food--Best for Lunch”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We recently ate lunch at Chef's Hat on a recent trip to DC.

We read great reviews, and so our expectations were pretty high. The restaurant is very cute, and the outdoor seating is great. The service was also very good.

The menu is vast and interesting. Though, I must say, we were a little disappointed in our meal. My chicken alfredo was good--not great. My wife had soup and a sandwich. The soup was pretty bland.

That said, we ended our meal with the best cherry pie we'd ever had! So, that--and the nice atmosphere--redeemed the place.

Truthfully, there aren't that many wonderful places in DC. So, I'd say this should be on the list for a casual lunch, if you are in the area.

Jacksonville, Florida
“quaint place with good food”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Chef's Hat Cafe is a charming place located in an old house right across the main road from the lake. We were a large party, and we originally wanted to sit outside, but after being seated on the scenic front patio, we realized it was too cool in the lake breeze. The staff was really nice about us changing our minds, and after some adjusting, they happily seated us inside. The patio would be great on a warm summer day. Food is very good. Prices are average, which is to say: reasonable. We dined for breakfast, but I have a suspicion their lunch and dinner menu is yummy as well.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Quaint cafe with a marvelous patio. Dined here for dinner and breakfast the following morning. The food presentation was phenomenal as was the taste! Beats the touristy places like Wilson's. Also offers many healthy choices as well.