“Perfect!!”
Review of Waterbury Inn

Waterbury Inn
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My husband and I just spent a week in Door County to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Normally we have some or even all of our 5 children with us. While we could have chosen to stay anywhere the Waterbury was our first choice. We have come to truly love everything about it. From the cleanliness, to the location it has always been a good fit for our family and as usual we were once again happy to be there. We've been going to Door County since our honeymoon and have stayed a number of places. The Waterbury never disappoints and has become our first choice. It's a wonderful place to make memories!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HisGirlPatsy
Waterburyinn, General Manager at Waterbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary. We are honored that you made the Waterbury Inn a part of such a momentous occasion. It's a privilege to have been a small part in creating those special memories.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I decided to be bold and take our 21 month old triplets on a trip. We had originally booked lodging at some cottages in Sturgeon Bay as it was a bit cheaper and the cottages appealed to us. HUGE mistake! They were disgusting and extremely unsafe for our kids, though they had gotten excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. We forced ourselves to stay for 24 hours, then popped over to Waterbury Inn to see if they had any availability. Thank goodness they did. I had been coming to the Waterbury Inn since I was a child. According to my father, since 1987.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious enough and clean. The playground was well kept and safe. Pool area was clean. I really appreciated the coffee bar. The Waterbury Inn was exactly the same wonderful, warm, happy place that I remembered from my childhood and I definitely plan on returning with my family in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Another outstanding stay at the Waterbury. This is a beautiful property, very reasonably priced, and it has every amenity that a family with three children could want. The staff is top notch, the facility is clean and exceptionally well maintained, and the location is very convenient to dining, beaches, bike trails, play grounds, and shopping. We always enjoy the indoor and outdoor pools, movie check outs, games, outdoor grilling facility, and the welcoming staff. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We prefer any of the two bedroom unites when traveling with our 3 kids. When traveling as two adult...
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Waterbury Inn on a short weekend getaway to Door County. What a fantastic find! The staff was very friendly and welcoming (we were even greeted by an adorable bulldog, Juliet) and the room was far better then we expected. It was clean, comfortable, and very affordable. There are movies in the lobby which you can check out and watch in your room, so we got a scary one and cracked open a bottle of wine! In the morning, there is a coffee and cappucino machine in the lobby as well as a coffee machine in the room. I was a little concerned about a review which mentioned mustiness in a ground floor room, but we had no problems with this. Overall, a nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Waterburyinn, General Manager at Waterbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for choosing the Waterbury for your lodging needs while you were in Door County. We are glad that you and your sister enjoyed your ladies weekend getaway. It is always nice to hear from our guests after they have stayed with us. We hope that you will come and stay with us again when you are in Door County.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

My family spent a final long weekend at the Waterbury Inn before our daughter heads off to college. We had a one bedroom with a pull out couch and a roll away bed. WIth all that going on the room became small and hard to navigate. That was the only negative. We were greated so warmly and that did not wear off.....ever!!! The people that work at this cozy estabilshment are some of the nicest people I have ever come in contact with....anywhere....not just on vacation. I don't get treated this nicely by people I have known for years.....and these folks only knew me for seconds. Just the best.

My wife and I both stated that the room, pool, greatroom/coffee area, game room and such would be a great place for a couple away on a vacation. There are families at this Inn but they did not diminish the ambiance at all. We had a wonderful time. We have been going to Door County, WI for over 48 years and had never stayed here. What a hidden gem. Everything abut the facility is cozy and comfortable. It is away from the bustle of downtown Ephraim...which was a surprise but was a welcome surprise. Everything was a short car drive or bike ride away. The Inn has a comically enjoyable pet in residence which would come out from a room behind the front desk when we would ring the bell when the staff was away. It was fun coaxing him/her out to greet us. Would definately stay here again as a couple. !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Chose a larger room if you have a family. First Floor Rooms are very convenient.
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We were greeted warmly by Wally upon arrival this past weekend, and very happy with the stay, amenities and offerings! Our fam of 4 fit perfectly, with the kids on the pull out sofa. The fully stocked kitchenette was PERFECT for us. The decor inside the room was a bit dated but overall, met our needs for a long weekend in DC without breaking the bank! Will go back again, but likely look for the rooms with loft layout! Ps, juliette the bulldog is awesome!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jen W
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We have been coming to Door County for my July birthday for many many years and this is our first stay at the Waterbury Inn. We will be staying here from now on. The rooms are large with a full kitchen. The staff is very friendly, including Juliet the 4 year old bulldog.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jrmack1426
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
1 mi away
Scandinavian Lodge
#10 of 17 in Sister Bay
23 mi away
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort

Been to Waterbury Inn? Share your experiences!