“Great Place”

Red Putter Mini Golf
Ranked #1 of 1 Fun & Games in Ephraim
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stop here every time we are in town, with or without the kids! It's a fun little place. The Owner is wonderful!!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I've been going here for years and enjoy it every time. I think they've replaced some of the "greens" which is great. This place is cheaper than any other place I've mini-golfed at; it's only $4.00 per person per game. The owner and staff are all very friendly. Yes, this place isn't as updated as others but it's still a great course and has a certain lovable charm about it.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Simply the best mini-golf course in Wisconsin. Rather than being one of those mass-produced mini-golf places, Red Putter is old-school. You might not be overly impressed at the start but you will fall in love with Red Putter and return again and again on your Door County vacation. At just $4 a game, it's definitely affordable. Plus you can win a free game if you get a hole in one at certain holes. Try it out! You'll have a great time!!!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This place is so fun with a large group and very inexpensive ($4/game!). It's great for all ages and family friendly. We went with 15 people and had a blast.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Red Putter has been around forever. I first played here with my parents and grandparents when I was 8 years old. Now, my husband and I are bring our own kids to play here. It's hard for me to write an objective review of this place, because it holds so much nostalgia for me. I remember my dad (who is now deceased) teaching me how to putt here, and teaching me how to bank my shot so it would bounce of the wall and go into the hole. I remember how exciting it was to navigate the water challenges and play the multi-level holes. I remember the joy of getting my first hole-in-one here -- and now I can see that same excitement on my own kids' faces. It's priceless.

This is not the most modern mini golf course, to put it mildly, but even though it shows signs of wear and tear, it doesn't seem (too) shabby or decrepit. I think some of its charm would be lost if it were totally rehabbed and fixed up. It is "vintage," in a good way. For example, in the restroom, which looks like it hasn't been updated since the early 70s, there is only one faucet -- cold water only. No hot. But somehow, that doesn't bother you here. The obstacles and challenges are simpler and less complex/flashy than they are at newer courses, but that doesn't mean this course is easy -- sometimes something as simple as the slope of the green or a raised area around the hole, or "boulders" placed strategically, can make it tough to get a good score. The carpet is also somewhat worn and uneven right around the edges of the holes, and that can cause your perfectly-aimed putt to go around the hole at the last minute -- but again, that's all part of the Red Putter experience. I also like that this course is built onto a hill and has plenty of shade from mature trees; on a hot day, that's particularly welcome.

One of the best things about this course is how inexpensive and uncrowded it is, compared to Pirate's Cove, which is only a few miles up the road. How many places can you go in Door County and have fun as a family for only $4 per person? This was one of the best afternoons we had on our recent trip, and a great place for kids to learn to play mini golf. There's even an adjacent playground where you can take the kids to work off energy after the game.