“Nice Resort for Clean & Spacious Family Lodging” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bay Breeze Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ephraim
Bay Breeze Resort
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ephraim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Resort for Clean & Spacious Family Lodging”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

The Bay Breeze Resort was chosen by my wife and I due to its convenient location to excellent dining and shopping areas in Fish Creek, Ephraim and Sister Bay. The grounds were nicely maintained and the staff was very friendly and helpful. My wife and I reserved a luxury suite which was clean and roomy and appointed with a fireplace, whirlpool tub, two televisions, a mini refrigerator, small kitchen sink and a coffee maker. The outdoor pool and jacuzzi looked inviting but we passed on trying them out due to cold weather conditions during our stay. We did enjoy walking across the street to the private beach to relax by Eagle Harbor.

There are two primary types of lodging in Door County - bed & breakfast inns and hotels/motels. The Bay Breeze definitely places in the latter category which doesn't mean it's a bad thing if that's what you're looking for. Our impression of the Bay Breeze is that it is better suited for a family getaway than a romantic couples retreat. Our room provided all the amenities we wanted but it had a distinct hotel flavor to it that was lacking a warm, comfortable feel. Newbie couples visiting Door County looking for a cozy place to stay might prefer a traditional bed & breakfast inn. If you're bringing the family though, the Bay Breeze is easy to recommend.

2 Thank holleon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
ofallon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

I loved Door County and really loved the Bay Breeze Resort! I have never been any place cleaner (aside from my own home). Being a bit of a germ-a-phobe, I would never dream of getting into a bathtub outside of my home, but the whirlpool jets were inviting and the place was spotless, so in I went! It is more like home than a hotel. They even had real sheets, not those hotel sheets! The place was quiet and the staff was incredibly friendly. I travel frequently and it takes alot to impress me. I WAS IMPRESSED!

1 Thank patnkat
Cottage Grove MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

Thank you Deb for the great upgrade to a suite for our Anniversary. We enjoyed the hot tub outside at night when we returned from our outings. The flowers are beautiful around the motel.
Thanks again for making our 27th Anniversary wonderful. We will certainly be back soon.
Al and Lori

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are great
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

I had dug through every resort, inn, b&b that I could find when planning our trip to Door County, and I'm so glad that I chose this one. I didn't know what to expect but it was exactly what we needed. We upgraded to a luxury suite and it was perfect; very clean, comfortable, quiet, with a nice table on the shared balcony overlooking the pool. They were very friendly. The location is great, being pretty central and it's a quick drive to any of the other towns.

Room Tip: Splurge and get the luxury suite!
1 Thank Lov_2_travel_10
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

Rooms are very quiet and clean. Location is convenient for middle and upper peninsula attractions. We had a problem with the ceiling fan in our room and the owners personally came to our room to remedy the problem. They are very customer oriented and the result was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Best view from the room over the office
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

Ephraim in northern Door County, WI is a magical place, and the Bay Breeze Resort is a wonderful place to stay for families with young children, at very reasonable rate. Our family inclusive for twin boys now age 10y has been vacationing in Door County with lodging at the Bay Breeze every late-summer since 2004, and this annual sojourn continues to be most pleasant and memorable for all. Bay Breeze co-owner Debbie is very warm and welcoming, and her resort serves as a beautiful and relaxing base for local fun, food, and exploration. We note especially the immediately-adjacent breakfast cabana "Good Eggs", stargazing the late-summer night sky (bring a star chart), and hiking-kayaking-swimming in very nearby Peninsula State Park (this last also has very nice outdoor theater with original musical stage-works by company known as American Folklore Theater): all highly recommended for young and old. Also, the Bay Breeze has very nice heated outdoor pool and adjacent whirlpool spa. Come often and enjoy!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Elmhurst, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2010

I had never been to Door County and was lucky enough to get a reservation at the Bay Breeze Resort for my initiation to this beautiful part of WI. I arrived a bit early but was greeted warmly by the receptionist and was given some great suggestions to keep myself occupied until my room was available. For my "inconvenience" Debbie Krause graciously upgraded my room to a suite. It was a wonderful weekend in Door County--I was even able to use the pool when I was there--what a bonus!!! I would welcome another trip to Door County and especially another stay at the Bay Breeze Resort.
Karen Allen

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Edgewater Resort
#1 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Somerset Inn & Suites
Somerset Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Ephraim

Been to Bay Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!