“"Wonderful Visit"”
Review of Bay Breeze Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ephraim
Bay Breeze Resort
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Ephraim
GreenLeadersSilver level
keylargo
“"Wonderful Visit"”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We live in Florida and always enjoy our visit to Ephraim. This year we stayed at the Bay Breeze which was a great find. The gardens are beautiful, the rooms were spotless and the people at the resort welcomed us with open arms. The resort was all decorated for fall and we enjoyed just sitting on the deck overlooking the water and taking in the peace and quiet. The location is the best as its a short drive to most of the county so our day trips were always an adventure. We will definitely be back...it was the best !!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KeylargoDiane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our first time this past October. I would stay again! The view was great, staff was very accommodating, clean room, and a good central location. I've stayed at other places in Door County, and this was one of the best.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I've been up to Door County several times, and this has been one of the better experiences with both staff and location I've had up there. Debbie was wonderful from the moment I checked in to my check out. Great location right off the water in Ephraim. Beautiful view of the bay right from the Resort! The pool is great, and the rooms are very comfortable. I will definitely be back again.

P.S.
Get a room with a Rain Shower if you can, you won't regret it!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Illinois
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This resort is in the beautiful town of Ephraim. Upon arrival the hostess was very pleasant and answered all my questions about the safety of the property since I was traveling alone and each suite opens up to the covered porch. The grounds of the resort were beautiful with the autumn decor and flower garden. When I open my door to my suite I was very happy that I chosed this location. The suite was spacious and immaculate. It was a one bedroom with a queen size bed. The main area had a fireplace, dinnete table/chair, comfortable sofa, mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The bathroom was spacious, spotless, and had good water pressure. This resort is located across the street from the lake and within walking distance to some area shops. I would definately consider coming back to this place.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Barmalken
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Our check in was unsettling. The lady at the desk was very rude and quick with us. This was our first time being in Door County so thankfully after visiting other establishments we had found that the other locals were very friendly. At first glance the room looked wonderful, smelt great and seemed clean. I have never been in a whirlpool before so we picked a room with one. Shortly after we arrived to the room I went to fill the tub up to have my first experience. I bent over to fill it up and saw a lot of hair within the tub. I immediately called the desk and was told "We don't have any rooms the size of yours available, but we can put you in a smaller one." I said no thanks, that won't work. I was then told, "Well, I can come swipe the hair up for you." I again said no thanks, I can do that myself. I began to clean the tub out myself when the phone rang, it was Debbie. She had offered to have someone come and clean the tub out for us. We took her up on the offer. When I was cleaning the tub, the suction cover fell off and was absolutely disgusting within. When the lady came to clean the tub (who was very rude and seemed very bothered to come by the way) I had told her what happened. She did clean the tub and used so much bleach we had to open the windows. When she left I had to then rinse out the tub and the plumbing to settle the smell of bleach in our room. After our evening outing we decided to watch TV and relax. The TV was very small for the distance it was from the seating. When we had gone to bed that night my husbands pillow had smelled like someones sweat. For them calling themselves a "resort" and the price we had paid to stay the night, I was not impressed what so ever. The experience we had I would have expected from somewhere half the price of what we had paid.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amber C
baybreezedc, Owner at Bay Breeze Resort, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Dear Amber,

My family, our entire staff and I want to apologize that your stay at the Bay Breeze Resort didn't meet your expectations. The Bay Breeze Resort wholeheartedly appreciates your patronage. We take great pride in making sure guests feel welcome and that each room is immaculate upon check-in and throughout your stay. We would have appreciated the opportunity to make this right for you before you left.

After we spoke, I called back and left a message wanting to make sure everything was done to your satisfaction and to see if there was anything else we could do to make sure your stay would be a great experience. When I didn't hear back from you, I assumed everything was fine. We are so sorry for any discomfort you experienced while staying with us. No matter what the concern, it is our mission to make sure guests are happy and comfortable. My husband and I are available 24/7 and in the event of a complaint, we want our guests to leave knowing we did everything in our power to make it right.

We appreciate and encourage constructive feedback. After seeing your photos we spoke with our plumber. He looked at the tub in the room you stayed in. Your pictures show discolored suction covers and pipes. He said this is very common in Door County. This discoloration is due to minerals in the water and only affects the piping system. Please rest assured, the water at the Bay Breeze is tested every three months. We've never had a sample deemed unsafe. We are proactive in promoting the health and wellness of our guests and sanitize our whirlpools and showers after every check-out with a bleach sanitizer recommended by the State Inspector.

In addition, we are excited to announce, as of August 2012, we have contracted for the installation of flat screen TVs in all rooms. We are also in the process of additional upgrades and will keep guests posted on our website.

Amber, we appreciate your business and hope you will give us another chance to make this right.

Warm Regards,

Debbie & Gary Krause
Owners, Bay Breeze Resort
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This resort was recommended to us by some friends where we all decided to take a trip together. 4 of us in a 2 room 1 bathroom unit. The room was clean and had several ammenities: coffee pot, refridgerator, a/c, comfortable, motorcycle friendly & comfortable after a long ride. The pool and jacuzzi are sufficient and clean. What impressed me the most was their beautiful flower gardens. It is apparent they spent many hours taking care of this and take pride in doing so. Across the street is a private little cove to sit down & look at the water. while eating a scone and drinking your coffee where it can be purchased right next, total convenience. The owner is extremely friendly and helpful. You can even watch movies in your room and they have quite a variety for you to enjoy! I will return as the location is perfect to see all of Door County.

Room Tip: One with a view!!!