Bay Breeze Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
Somerset Inn & Suites(Ephraim)
Ephraim Motel(Ephraim)
Parkwood Lodge(Fish Creek)
Very Good 4/5
Century Farm Motel(Sister Bay)
    Nordic Lodge(Sister Bay)
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsrain showerprivate beachacross the streetfish creekpool and hot tubdoor countyoutdoor furniturecouples and familiesking suiteseparate bedroomwould definitely stay here againstate parkmain roomrestaurants and shopsa wonderful staymini fridgememorial day weekend
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 16 May 2013

My father, who was in the restaurant business, once said that a small menu and a specialty can be a sign of a very good restaurant. I think you can apply the same principle to resorts. Bay Breeze Resort gets the essentials right: Friendly service, clean, well-appointed rooms, and a fair price.

There are a few basics I look for in good lodging: Cleanliness, a comfortable bed, a powerful and hot shower and a microwave/refrigerator in-room. Bay Breeze offered them all, and it's pet-free, so after our former base in Door County decided to accept pets, we began to search for new lodging options.

Bay Breeze Resort's high-ranking on Tripadvisor was a deciding factor as we looked for a place for a quick getaway. We were not disappointed; in fact, we were delighted. We booked what Bay Breeze calls a "Charming King" and it was charming indeed, decorated in a discrete nautical style that pleased two boat buffs and lighthouse lovers.

The room is on the second floor, with no elevator, but we knew that in advance and we packed carryons instead of Pullman cases. The upper rooms open off a deck where you can sit and relax or watch the sun set. The room was exceptionally clean, with corner windows overlooking the woods behind the resort; we heard woodpeckers, flickers and nuthatches as we relaxed.

The closet was ample, the bathroom large, the towels white and fluffy, and there was a ceiling fan, which we appreciated even in May. The bed was comfortable and the shower hot. Internet access was steady and reliable.

The accommodations were thoroughly satisfying in every way. There are many other room options at the Bay Breeze, but the Charming King filled our needs completely. We liked it so much that upon checkout, we made reservations for another stay later this year. All the staff we met and one of the owners were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Bay Breeze Resort gets my highest recommendation. Staying during shoulder season (spring and fall) makes for a very peaceful retreat!

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear of the resort are very serene and peaceful.
    • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank MimiJWisconsin
    Reviewed 30 March 2013

It's places like the Bay Breeze where I'm tempted not to write a review so as not to spoil it too much for myself.

Located right on 42 on your way from Fish Creek to Sister Bay at the Southern part of Ephraim, this hotel was great. My family (me, wife, 4yo son, and 1 yo daughter) and my in-laws stayed here on a long weekend in Door County.

The rooms are pretty ordinary for Door county: dated, well-worn, but clean. Don't expect 3 or 4 star accommodations, but people going to Door County should already know that.

The reason it's great: nice pool and private beach. There is also a green space near the pool with nice wood chairs and wine glass holders. Nice.

The location also makes walking into downtown Ephraim possible and it's about equidistant from Fish Creek and from Sister Bay (about 10 minutes either way by car).

There is plenty of parking and the service is good.

Also note, since Ephraim is dry, you should bring your own wine/beer.

Room Tip: The hotel is split amongst a few buildings. If you can, I'd ask for a room on the 1st floor of the Western most building but as far away from the road as possible. This building is close to the pool and closest to the beach.
    • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
    Reviewed 18 January 2013

We live in Florida and always enjoy our visit to Ephraim. This year we stayed at the Bay Breeze which was a great find. The gardens are beautiful, the rooms were spotless and the people at the resort welcomed us with open arms. The resort was all decorated for fall and we enjoyed just sitting on the deck overlooking the water and taking in the peace and quiet. The location is the best as its a short drive to most of the county so our day trips were always an adventure. We will definitely be back...it was the best !!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
    1  Thank KeylargoDiane
    Reviewed 19 November 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our first time this past October. I would stay again! The view was great, staff was very accommodating, clean room, and a good central location. I've stayed at other places in Door County, and this was one of the best.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 15 November 2012

I've been up to Door County several times, and this has been one of the better experiences with both staff and location I've had up there. Debbie was wonderful from the moment I checked in to my check out. Great location right off the water in Ephraim. Beautiful view of the bay right from the Resort! The pool is great, and the rooms are very comfortable. I will definitely be back again.

P.S.
    Get a room with a Rain Shower if you can, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business