“Nice, peaceful, family retreat”
Review of Bay Breeze Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ephraim
Bay Breeze Resort
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Ephraim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Nice, peaceful, family retreat”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was a great place to stay in an equally great location. There were many families we met that stated they come yearly to this resort and they could not say enough good things about it, and I would have to agree. It was close to many attractions, and if we did not want to go anywhere we could just stay at the resort and relax at the pool, play on the beach, or just sit outside and enjoy the beautiful flower gardens and view. Everything was very clean and everyone we met wad friendly and accommodating. We would highly recommend it and we plan on staying agin when we return to Door County.

Room Tip: I could not clear out the restaurant recommendation, there is no restaurant but plenty of good optio...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Liz E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Hartford, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

We've been staying here for over 15 years. At least once a season. Debbie and Gary have kept the quality and overall operating condition of this motel at the highest level. Though it's close to 20 years old it looks as good today as it did when it opened. The pool and hot tub are clean and inviting. The entire staff are always friendly and very helpful. Would I ever go somewhere else? Not as long as the Krause's own Bay Breeze.

• Stayed July 2013
Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I called in mid-July looking for a room for 3 nights. We were offered 2 rooms; a larger suite for the first night and a smaller room for the other 2 nights. The larger room was spacious and comfortable, with each bedroom having a large screen TV. The shower was amazing - a very fancy "rain shower" that was quite impressive. The smaller room was also very nice, with a whirlpool half-bath. This is the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. The rooms and the entire property is immaculate - I even encountered an employee straightening up the beach.

The pool area has a nice sized pool and a very comfortable jacuzzi, and a lot of chairs for sunning. The grounds are well kept and with gorgeous flowers. Adirondack chairs are placed around the grounds for sitting. The hotel has a private beach just across the street. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Bay Breeze Resort is the kind of hotel I always hope to find. Spotlessly clean, friendly, comfortable. I hope to visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank LolaCheesehead
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

A nice place to stay located on the south edge of Ephraim. It's walking distance to "downtown" Ephraim but you will have to walk on the side of the road when there are not sidewalks. It's a beautiful place, clean and well maintained. The beach is across the street and is small but nice. No one else was using it when we were there. We enjoyed our balcony and the rain shower! It's one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in lately! I would definitely stay
there again.

• Stayed July 2013
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We had a wonderful stay here! The room we had was cutely remodeled with comfortable beds. It had a pool, Jacuzzi and right across the street from the beach. It is a great part of Door County because Fish Creek has a lot of places to eat and Sister Bay had water activities. I would definitely stay here again and the room was reasonably priced! The front desk is courteous and helpful! Thanks for the wonderful stay. We would have stayed longer, but the room was already booked for the next night.

Room Tip: I'll bet all rooms are good, only problem is buy your own ice from a store or winery.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2013

First, let me start by saying that I have not had the opportunity to stay here. Let me explain. My husband I decided to spend our anniversary in door county and found the bay breeze resort on the door county website. We were then directed to the resorts website where we were able to search for room availability and then book the room, with a deposit. With that we were excited for our trip.

The next day,a Saturday, we get a call at 8pm stating that our room is only available two of the three nights and that we needed to call back. Fine they made a mistake, we assumed they would fix it. Wrong. My husband called the next day and was told by the owner that we would have to change rooms on the last night to the most expensive room they have available. She even had the nerve to say she was doing us a favor by offering us the expensive room Because she was going to lose money having to clean two rooms! My husband told her he needed to consult with me and that he would call her back. Since we are on a budget I told him we'll either cancel or move to the other room, which is an Inconvince to us, at the rate of the original room. He called her back. Her response to our cancelation was " ok, good luck on your search". Not impressed with the lack of customer service especially when it comes from the owner.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Nikibird
Sun Prairie WI
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We used to stay at Bay Breeze every year. Then life got busy and we couldn't predict out more than a couple of weeks so getting a reservation that worked for us got tough. We just got back from out first stay there in a while and it was great. Clean, things have been updated(not like they really needed it!), friendly staff, awesome pool and hot tub, great location, you get the picture! You will love this place!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Fluff_Huzzmeyer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Edgewater Resort
Somerset Inn & Suites
Somerset Inn & Suites
#3 of 8 in Ephraim
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort

Been to Bay Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!