“Quiet and clean-perfect for us”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ephraim
Ephraim Guest House
Milwaukee
“Quiet and clean-perfect for us”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We have a place nearby but needed overflow space because we had so many family members using our place. We use EGH for ourselves and guests because it is in the heart of Ephraim, is beautifully landscaped and is so peaceful and clean. Each room has Laura's notebook describing restaurants and Door County attractions -most helpful. Reasonable prices for high season in Door.

Room Tip: Second floor is even quieter than first.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Andover, MN
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed at the Ephraim Guest house for three nights in early August 2012. We had a room with a bedroom and then a loft with a queen bed and a separate bathroom. We were very busy sightseeing so we were in the room very little. In room 402 you have your own fully equipped kitchen, a dining room and a living room. The couches are a bit worn and very outdated. The end tables and all other "wood" in the rooms appeared to be particle board type. It is clean and the beds were fairly comfortable. There were plenty of clean towels and toilet paper. Tv's are in every room. Overall, it was a decent place to stay. I would definitely check out other places before returning to this one, this was the only thing we could find in booking just three weeks out. The location was very nice. Just a half block from the lake, walking distance to Wilson's icecream shop and the Post Office diner.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lfrain
Laura J, Manager at Ephraim Guest House, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
We are pleased that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms as well as the fully equipped kitchen, tv's in each bedroom, extra towels and comfortable beds. We do regret that you were dismayed to find tables that are not natural finish wood. Our tables are not particle board they are wood covered with laminate surfacing. They are heavy and sturdy, do not absorb moisture and hold up well to the commercial strength disinfectants. We find them to be very practical and have no immediate plans to replace them. We do have a couple of rooms in which the owners have chosen to replace these tables with natural wood tables which can be requested in case you wish to stay with us again. Thank you.
Joliet
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We found the availability at this location by going to the local tourist information place. It was a one bedroom condo and the price was right! I made the reservatio over the phone from the tourist location and we were greeted by a very, very nice woman who answered all questions. We mentioned we were going kayaking and she offered beach towels that were clean but used so we wouldn't have to use ours. The owner was out in the parking lost when we moved our car by the room and he offered to carry in our bags and cooler. The room was really nice with a small patio, 2 chairs and a lot of beautiful shrubs and flowers. A stand up rotating fan was available (since Wisconsinites do not have central air apparently) and it kept the bedroom cool during the hot nights. I would highly recommend this location. Also the kitchen was well equipped with dishes etc and a fridge, stove and microwave.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary M
Orfordville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at the Ephraim Guest House this past weekend and it was wonderful. Upon arrival and check in, the gentleman who checked me in helped me carry my stuff to my room, then proceded to show me various things in the room. What a great personal touch! I stayed in a one bedroom with a whirlpool, fireplace and full kitchen. What a wonderful room! Was so comfortable it was like a home away from home for me. The EGH is smaller and I think there are only 8 rooms but I think this is what made it so great. Would much rather stay at a small place than a big resort or hotel. The staff is just so much more personable at a place like this and really makes one feel more at home. In addition, the EGH is about a block to so off of Hwy 42 which made it more quitet than staying at a place on the highway but is also walking distance to many different places, including the Bay. And the little town of Ephraim is my favorite! Upon check out, I expressed how happy I was with my accomodations and said that I would definately be back. Reasonable rates too. She also showed me some of the other rooms as they are not all the same. This was a very thoughtful gesture. All the rooms are so nice and homey. I cannot wait to come back to the EGH! Thank you so much for your hospitality!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank AmyC753
Illinois
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Our family recently stayed in a three bedroom condo at Ephraim Guest House. It was absolutely wonderful. It isn't an elaborate place, but very comfortable, clean and homey. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the managers are extremely accomodating and helpful. We highly reccomend a stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Dilbert65
Chicago
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Our family of 4 stayed in one of the 2 bedroom suites this past August. I don't often write reviews, but our stay was perfect! From the very beginning, my phone conversations with Laura (our host at the EGH) were extremely helpful...from choosing the right suite for our family to figuring out various details of our stay. On arrival, we were warmly greeted by Laura and her husband (who insisted on helping us with our luggage). They offered advice on some great restaurants in the area as well. Since we have been to the area many times, we chatted about new restaurants, etc. The suite was perfect with extra pillows and towels for our daughters and well as a great hot tub which they especially enjoyed. The EGH is close to everything "Ephraim." We enjoyed a frequent morning walk to breakfast or for coffee. I'm already looking forward to our return visit!

• Stayed August 2010
3 Thank katestephmom
Illinois
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Smaller scale condo development with units owned by others. Very quiet and relaxing. Clean, good size floor plan for the type of rental. Full kitchen for eating in. Attentive, warm staff. 1.5 blocks to Hwy 42 and Green Bay waters. Easy walking distance to restaurants and shops in town.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ThreeRivers75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Edgewater Resort
#1 of 17 in Sister Bay
Somerset Inn & Suites
Somerset Inn & Suites
#5 of 8 in Ephraim

Been to Ephraim Guest House? Share your experiences!