“Nice folks and great property location!”

Somerset Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ephraim
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I spent a wonderful Memorial Day weekend at the Somerset Inn and were very pleased with the experience. The owners were very helpful and responded quickly to any concerns. Overall the location is a great base for Door County activities.

Room was nice and patio a plus! Only real negatives was the 'too hard' mattress and tiny bathroom (with a noisy vent fan/light), but as a regular business traveler I find it is hard to have everything perfect. Very clean and priced right for the area. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Timmydons
SomerInnDC, Owner at Somerset Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a positive review of Somerset Inn & Suites. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and plan to return in the future! We do have foam mattress toppers available to make for a softer slumber. When you make your next reservation, just mention that you would like one placed on your bed. We strive to make your stay pleasant and memorable-we treat our guests like we would want to be treated...that good old fashioned rule!!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

When I had booked this hotel over the phone, owner Angie gave me all the details. She was very good and very patient. Somehow I had to cancel the reservation. I spoke to Angie and she was so helpful again. She empathized with reason for which I cancelled and tried to help me to reduce my financial loss. Next time I want to be in Door county, I will be calling this hotel first.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It was a great, clean, quiet place to stay with a beautiful fire place in the room. My first indication it was going to be great, was the Trip advisor sticker on the window! There was a balcony, indoor pool and jacuzzi. it was in the heart of Door County. The staff was friendly. they had wonderful internet service. The beds were comfortable, we couldn't have asked for a better stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
SomerInnDC, Owner at Somerset Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give your stay a perfect score and sharing your positive experience at Somerset Inn & Suites! We strive to create an inviting and warm setting from arrival to departure. I'm excited to hear you enjoyed our property's amenities like our indoor and outdoor swimming pools, indoor hot tub, and your fireplace. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here last week , found it to be a good location. Found the town very quiet but that was OK . They were nice enuff to allow our small dog.
We all had a nice time . The Staff was very friendly and gave us a few good places to have dinner at . Overall Id go back again some time, I liked the free wi-fi too !!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Great place to stay in the heart of Door County! Perfect location and great environment. The room is nice and the hot tub/pool area/fireplace was just what were looking forward too. Met the owners and even the guests were super friendly! Make sure to have breakfast next door at summer kitchen!

We actually found this place because they did not require 3 night stay like the rest of the county! Boy did we luck out!!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The Staff is very friendly and go out of there way to help.
The owners Matt and Augie live at the hotel and our on call 24hrs aday.
The Rooms are clean and the beds are firm just the way I like them.
I like the free wi-fi which worked with no problems for me.
I have stayed in chain hotels and other that charge for wi.fi. (That
did not work as well.)
We did not use the swimming pool or fitness center.
I plan on using this hotel on my next trip to Door County.

Larry B.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I booked this room at short notice and it was one of the more expensive ones left but because there were limited vacancies everywhere and the cheaper motels had limited wi-fi I chose to spend more and stay here because my wife and I like to spend some time online before going to sleep and also in the morning.

The room was dated, but at least it was clean and in good shape. The mattress was very firm, much too firm for my preference, but the biggest problem was the wi-fi. It was slower than dial-up and kept disconnecting. My wife had the same problem with both her phone and iPad. We finally gave up and went to bed. It was the same problem in the morning. When I brought this up to the front desk in the morning I received an apology and a "we'll have to get that fixed" but nothing else. Being that I spent more to get a decent place with wi-fi I feel the management should have offered some kind of discount on the room but they did not.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
SomerInnDC, Owner at Somerset Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We put so much effort into trying to make your stay at Somerset Inn & Suites enjoyable and comfortable. We do have foam mattress toppers available upon request to make for a softer slumber. I’m sorry to hear you were frustrated about our Wi-Fi being slow and that you felt you received poor customer service and resolution from me at departure. Since I was working on the Wi-Fi the front desk, I did not realize there was an issue with the signal where your room was located. At your departure, I thought you were just helpfully letting me know, not that you were seeking a discount. We always want to “make it right” with our guests and we are available 24/7 to attend to any issues right away. I am happy to announce as of October 3rd, we have installed a BRAND NEW WI-FI system in our hotel! We hope you will return to give us a second chance!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Coachlite Inn of Sister Bay
#2 of 8 in Ephraim
Sister Bay Inn
Sister Bay Inn
#7 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Somerset Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!