“Best Motel in all of beautiful DOOR County”

and 1 more site!
Ephraim Shores Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Ephraim
Reviewed 5 August 2011

All the rooms are clean and comfortable and well appointed for a relaxing and enjoyable stay. The motel has an excellent restaurant with delicious menu items for breakfast lunch or dinner. Be sure to try the Moravian sugar cake for breakfast. The motel provides fantastic views of Eagle harbor, Peninsula State Park and fabulous sun sets in the early and mid summer months. The pool and whirl pool are great and they also have a gym for guest use. Truly one of the best run motels on the peninsula. Our family has been staying here for years and will continue to come for years to come! Guaranteed a winner!

Room Tip: Get the water view rooms for the little extra cost.
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HickoryDave

Reviewed 12 July 2011

We stayed for 3 nights in the beginning of July with our 6 year old daughter. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The pool and hot tub were very nice and very clean, which we used daily after our days out. The room was large and very clean. The outside play area was great, our daughter used it a lot when we were at the room. The entire place was very well kept and spotless. The beach on the other hand appeared to be closed or not maintained, there was some sand, but also a lot of weeds. The free WIFI worked perfectly and was fast. The sunsets across the road where beautiful as we watched it every night. If you’re looking for a fancy chain motel this probably isn’t your type of place, but if you are looking for a clean, friendly, reasonable priced hotel with a great location you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Randy-Shelly
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ephraim Shores Motel & Restaurant in July 2011. We were previously staying in Sister Bay but wanted to stay another night in Door County. Because our hotel was booked, I found Ephraim Shores online (plus it looked really nice driving by a few times). I was very pleased with our stay. The front desk was very friendly and even let us check in two hours early. Later in the evening, our key cards weren't working, and the front desk replaced them without any trouble. We stayed in a standard room with a king size bed and balcony. Though we didn't have a lake view being in the back of the hotel, it was still nice having the balcony. The room was spacious enough for the two of us for one night. The bed was comfortable, and I was able to access the Internet right from our room. The room is a little country/old looking in terms of decor, but keep in mind this is an older hotel. I'm not sure what some of the rooms/suites look like. We ate dinner at the Second Story Restaurant in the motel, and I was pleased with our meal. I felt a little out of place (we were the youngest in the room), but the food was good and reasonably priced compared to many other restaurants in Door County. The best thing about this motel is the views. It is directly across from the lake, and the motel has a reserved section with lounge chairs by the water. My boyfriend and I sat here and watched the sunset and boat activity - it was beautiful! Wilson's is right around the corner too, and they have delicious ice cream within walking distance. My only complaint about this motel is that the hot tub temperature was WAY too HOT. I couldn't even go in and neither could a couple other guests while we were in the pool area. Also, the restaurant closes at 8pm, which I think is rather early. Lastly, I was not aware Ephraim is a dry town. No alcohol sold anywhere. You can bring/drink your own, but it is kind of an inconvenience. Nevertheless, I had a great stay at the motel and wouldn't mind trying an upgraded room next time if we decided to stay in Ephraim.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jes297
Reviewed 8 July 2011

The only thing I liked about my stay was the private chairs across the street by the water to watch the sunset. Also Jan was very nice and went out of her way to help when we registered earlier in the day. When we came back around 5pm I didn't like the service then. The lobby and the hallways smelled musty. There was no internet access. The restaurant closed too early, so we had the coffee in the room.. Horrible! Undrinkable! There is No breakfast unless you want to give them more money and eat at their restaurant. A million gnats around the balcony, so many we couldn't even use it. A small television that was hard to see across the room. We were told to park out back even though we had already parked in front in a designated spot. The initial card keys we got didn't work. When I went to explain to the front desk I felt as though I offended her by talking. We should have stayed where we did the previous night in Sturgeon Bay.

Room Tip: Hotel $$ / Sunset Free!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PreciousTime4me
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Overall this hotel for me was all about the view. The room was fine..just nothing to write home about. I guess I would call it average for the price per night. Best part was the view and the balcony.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MichiganGizmo
Reviewed 13 June 2010

First thing - Ephraim is a dry town. No alcohol is sold there, even at the restaurants. Ephraim Shores Motel is a very nice place. We stayed in the King Harbor Spa room for 2 nights. The lakeview from the balcony is very nice except for the main road runs between the motel and the lake. (every motel in Ephraim has this same issue- the road runs along the lake) The bed was comfortable, the room was of nice size, the whirlpool was a true 2-person tub with plenty of room for two taller people (6'3" & 5'7") The whole place was very clean, even saw the staff washing down the lounge chairs in the morning. We ate at the Second Story on-site restaurant one night. The food was ok-to-good. We didn't really find a restaurant in Door County that served outstanding food for the price you have to pay. Unlike one other review, stay away from Wilson's. My husband ordered the taco salad and the meat in it tasted like it was leftover from last season, frozen, and reheated (not to mention burnt) for this season. Just gross! Overall, Ephraim Shores is a very nice place. We were pleased with our motel choice for the weekend.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travel_Bug_from_WI
Reviewed 13 June 2010

We stayed in early June with a one-year-old and a four-year-old, my husband, and my in-laws. The staff at Ephraim Shores were very friendly and it was cleaner than my home. The staff cleaned inside and outside daily. The pool and hot tub were large. The game room was very dated but the prices went along with the games. Which was great for a four-year-old. The beach was very small and did not have water access. The cement dock and lounge area is a great place to watch the sunset. Ephraim Shores also has a small, outdoor play structure. A great amenity is the free bikes to use. The Second Story Restaurant attached to the motel is adequate. The best feature of Ephraim Shores is the location. It is a very short distance from several great places to eat. Wilson's for ice cream, burgers, fries and homemade root beer. Chef's Hat Cafe for great scones. The Old Post Office for the fish boil or breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Edgewater Resort
#3 of 10 in Fish Creek
The Ashbrooke
The Ashbrooke
#1 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Ephraim Shores Resort? Share your experiences!