“Ephraim is a dry town”

and 1 more site!
Ephraim Shores Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Ephraim
Reviewed 16 June 2008

A tip about Ephraim. . . there are no bars in Ephraim and the restaurants do not serve alcohol. Ephraim is a dry town. At Ephraim shores you will not be within walking distance of other "wet" towns and their bars. I am sure this isn't an issue for many, but we thought it was an issue that this was not listed on the hotel website. We wanted to be able to walk to a bar and have a few drinks on vacation without worrying about driving home.

That said, the motel staff was welcoming and lovely, the rooms are terrific and the view is beautiful. If you don't have any interest in bars, I would highly recommend the Ephraim shore motel.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank marysully78
There are newer reviews for Ephraim Shores Resort

Reviewed 18 September 2007

We stayed at Ephraim Shores September 10th for three nights. It was our first visit to Door County and I wanted to stay somewhere with a view of the water. We couldn't have been more satisfied. The staff was very friendly and helpful and gave us tips when we asked about different sites and restaurants. They have a very nice restaurant on site on second floor with great views of the water. We ate there several times for breakfast. The food was good and the staff efficient and friendly. Our room was clean and had a balcony where we could sit and watch the sunset or they had beachfront with chairs also but it was a little windy the days we were there so we only sat on the beach one night.
It was also the off season so the rates were reasonable. One of the nice things was the refrigerator and microwave in the room. We found this a very nice place to stay and would do so again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GramyB
Reviewed 7 August 2007

We chose Ephraim Shores by reading forum comments on Travelocity and were not disappointed! Our first impression was of a pleasant, pure white hotel set next to the bay - just what we were hoping for. Our room was nicer than I was expecting. We had a "garden view" which had been a second choice for me, but it was quiet, spacious, and did have a bay view from the balcony. The room included two queen beds which were very comfortable (firm), a couch, small desk, fridge, microwave, and balcony with two chairs. The grounds were very well kept up in spite of the drought they are experiencing. The pool area included a largish jacuzzi, and a glassed off area featured video games, a pool table, and a small workout area. All of this was clean, pleasant and better than it appeared in the pictures online.

The hotel has bikes available for guest use, and owns the strip of beach/dock across the street at the shore. This area was very nice, with lots of adirondack chairs and chaise lounges. The lawn facing the water also has a row of chaise lounges.

The Second Story restaurant was a nice plus, and we ate there a few times. Charge your meals to your rooms and receive 10% off. The restaurant has some of the best views around, especially at sunset.

Overall, I'd not only recommend Ephraim Shores to others but I hope to come back and visit again. I don't think that our six day stay allowed us to see everything in Door County that we wanted to!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank chardob
Reviewed 21 August 2006

I decided to take my family on a last minute getaway to Door County. I thoroughly researched the various lodging offerings for a short stay. I focused my search on Fish Creek, Ephraim, and Sister Bay. I finally picked the Ephraim Shores Motel & Restaurant because I believed it would best meet our needs. My wife loved the room on the second floor with a balcony overlooking the water (fabulous view). My teenager loved the indoor pool, gameroom and free use of bicycles. She also loved being walking distance to Wilson's. My 2 year old loved the pool and the onsite playset. I also was very satisfied. The room was spacious and clean, the staff was friendly, and the nightly rate was very reasonable compared to the quotes I received from other properties I called before our trip. I checked out some of the other properties while we were in Door County and I came away relieved that I had chosen the Ephraim Shores Motel & Restaurant. Finally, the on-site restaurant was convenient for a family. The food was decent and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: August 2006
4  Thank Febo17
Reviewed 22 July 2006

Our favorite place to stay in Door County is Ephraim Shores Motel. If you get a room on the Bay side, you don't even have to leave your room to have the best view in Door County. Located on Eagle Harbor, near Wilson' s and right on Highway 42. Friendly and competent management, and great restaurant. Nice place to stay for comfort and relaxation.

Stayed: June 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Edgewater Resort
#8 of 8 in Ephraim
Sister Bay Inn
Sister Bay Inn
#8 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Ephraim Shores Resort? Share your experiences!